• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scooter Detail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooter Detail!

so i just got meguiar's motorcycle kit to start detailing bikes. i completed my first detail on a Honda Shadow a couple of nights ago. it turned out really nice so i decided to clean up my own scooter. i know it's not a motorcycle, but it's as close as i'll probably get to one! i started kind of late, so the after pictures are in the garage. i'll include a quick after shot ot the Shadow...

Re: Scooter Detail!

ok, so i apparently screwed the pics up...SORRY!!!

Comment

Bikes look awesome!

Took the liberty to tweak your code a little and make your pictures show up in a linear fashion. In the future remember to hit the ENTER key 2 times after inserting each picture and that will put some white space between your pictures.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks mike, i knew you'd come to the rescue!

Comment

Very nice, seems like scooters are going to be more and more popular

Comment

Your scooter and the shadow look very good. Good work.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice job, that scoot looks like fun
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

The scooter looks great. So does the Honda Shadow. I had a Shadow very similar to that but I sold it last fall. It was Black and red. The pics you posted brought back memories. I used to put a coat of #26 on it after every wash and polished the chrome with All Metal Polish from the Pro Line. Anyway, they both look great. Detailing bikes have always been fun for me.

Comment

well, unfortunately the guy was in a wreck on it last night, so the bike's totalled now. and if you noticed, the valve stem's missing from the front tire on the scooter, so i have to get that fixed. but at least it looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by sudsbyhubbs View Post
                    well, unfortunately the guy was in a wreck on it last night, so the bike's totalled now. and if you noticed, the valve stem's missing from the front tire on the scooter, so i have to get that fixed. but at least it looks good!
                    Very nice work on the two bikes. I think bike detailing is harder than car detailing. A lot more places to clean that are noticable and hard to reach.
                    That is to bad. I hope the guy is alright. What happened?
                    Alex
                    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

i guess a 15 year old kid with a permit hit him coming out of a gas station. he is ok, i think he said he got a mild concussion. he's lucky if that's the extent of it.

Comment

Yes definately lucky. good thing also that it was a bigger bike because that bike would take most of the impact. I wonder if that kid was not paying attention what was going on around him.
                        Alex
                        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

i think he panicked when he saw what was about to happen and actually swerved into the bike thinking he could avoid it. plus it sounded like he was going too fast.

Comment

Glad to hear the guy is alright.
                            Alex
                            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

If you are into bikes (scooter), cosider getting a Honda Silverwing, It has the same performance as a ninja 600cc, but ofcourse the silverwing is automatic and 3 times as heavy.

For a scooter, the silverwing is the best thing you can get.

Once I get my motorcycle kit, I will show you my honda siverwing. (waxing saturday.)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');