• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange Peel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Peel

I always wondered what it was with my paint, and now I just found out what "orange peel" was. I have it on my interior wood grain trim and on parts of my paint. Is there anything I can do about it? It doesn't really bother me that bad yet.
    Matt

Re: Orange Peel

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
    I always wondered what it was with my paint, and now I just found out what "orange peel" was. I have it on my interior wood grain trim and on parts of my paint. Is there anything I can do about it? It doesn't really bother me that bad yet.
    Megafast13,

If the vehicle in question has a factory apllied finish you could POSSIBLY minimize it but not totally remove it. On the paint you could try wetsanding(not recommended for a novice) and puff out the sanding scratches with a compound like 95 or 105. The way I see it only the true show cars will have 0 orange peel. This is accomplished with multiple layers of applied paint with wet sanding inbetween applications of paint. This helps keep the orange peel to a minimum as multiple layers of paint are added. Orange peels on new cars starts with the primer coat and gets magnified with each additional coat of paint added. Hope this helps out.

Andrew
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

thanks for the info, it's not worth it to me at all...
      Matt

Comment

I always wondered what it was with my paint, and now I just found out what "orange peel" was.

I have it on my interior wood grain trim and on parts of my paint.

Is there anything I can do about it? It doesn't really bother me that bad yet.
        Would this be the same car you describe here?

But the hole thing needs repainted lol. There is dings and scratches everywhere. The hood and front grill have pen head size chips in the paint everywhere, it was just a mess lol
        Might want to wait till it's repainted?

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

No, that was a Lexus that I detailed for my friend.

The car with orange peel is my black honda civic, I guess they don't use that quality of paint. My Lexus (avatar) is also in mint condition...Thanks for the help
          Matt

Comment

I have come to the conclusion of making my orange peel look as shiny and clean as orange peel can look

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');