• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convertible Mitsubishi Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Mitsubishi Eclipse

I created another thread talking about how I will be doing an Eclipse next weekend which is a convertible and I've never had to detail a convertible.

Any advice or tips on how to handle the top? It is a cloth-like material (black) that seems pretty sturdy.

Any help would be appreciated.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: Convertible Mitsubishi Eclipse

Anyone???

Comment

Bueller...

Bueller...

Bueller...

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
      --VoicesInMyHead--
      0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Anyone, anyone??? LOL

Comment

Well, I really have no clue. However, the new Convertible & Cabriolet Cleaner might work. Since it's an international product and not available in the US, I would have to go get some for you. I was thinking Australia, looks like a beautiful place to visit. So just book my trip and I'll pick you up a bottle.

Oh by the way, the cleaner will be my treat!
          Scott

Comment

Just treat it like any other car. I'll vacume the top if it needs it. Other than that I really don't think you'll have to do anything else. I'm not aware of any product you can use on the top.

Comment

Yeah, and you can use a lint roller on it too if you need to, otherwise I don't know either. Ask Mike, he is the Wiz.
              Matt

Comment

Just to note, your first post that started this thread was on Sunday afternoon and that's kind of a traditional day off from work for most of us to spend some time with family and friends...

Also, discussion forums are not like "Live Help" in that you get answers instantaneously, but myself and our forum community always tries to help get answers posted just as soon as we can.

Remember... Hot Topics is your friend...

Canvas Top - Convertible Top - Which products to use?

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike (and the rest).

Too bad Scott, almost bought your ticket.

Comment

3Fitty-
                    Does it look like this?

This is my Mother's car that I recently detailed. (Must be nice to live the retired life like this, huh?) Anyway, Mitsubishi recommends only using water to rinse the canvas top, unless of course you are going to reapply the protectant. For this top I used Meguiar's #71 Canvas Cleaner from the marine line, and then I used Meguiar's #72 Canvas protectant also from the marine line. They worked great and the water beaded on the top like crazy when I was done. If you have any other questions about the eclipse, let me know, I have a lot of knowledge and experience with these cars.
                    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vince Lombardi

Comment

+1 for a lint roller.
                      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

3Fitty, there was an extreme makeover in which they did canvas top. Search for 'canvas'.

P.S. Make sure Eclipse is canvas and not vinyl.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');