• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you wax a day or two after clay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you wax a day or two after clay?

With this summer NJ weather its hard to find an overcast day to do a full detail. I find myself only being able to work for a few hours early morning or right before the sun fully sets. Needless to say that's not enough time for a detail. Would there be any issue washing and claying the car one night, then washing again then paint cleaner and wax the next day. I know its optimal to do the whole procedure at the same time but I can't keep waiting for a cloudy day my car needs some wax badly.

Re: Can you wax a day or two after clay?

It's probably ok as hopefully you wouldn't have gained a lot of above surface contaminants in the 24 hours.

Also, instead of re-washing the entire car. I would simply use one of the Quick Detailers on the second day, to get any loose dust off and whatnot, and then go ahead with the cleaning and waxing after that.

I know you'll have a beautiful show car shine again soon!

Comment

Originally posted by tonio5555 View Post
      With this summer NJ weather its hard to find an overcast day to do a full detail. I find myself only being able to work for a few hours early morning or right before the sun fully sets. Needless to say that's not enough time for a detail. Would there be any issue washing and claying the car one night, then washing again then paint cleaner and wax the next day. I know its optimal to do the whole procedure at the same time but I can't keep waiting for a cloudy day my car needs some wax badly.
      Totally fine to do that, you can wait a week or two and still be fine as long as you aren't parking under nasty trees or something like that. And, like you said, make sure you wash it again right before waxing and you'll be set!

Comment

I see no problem at all. Just make sure you either qd your car or give it a wash, If it has more then light dust or fingerprints on it.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Do you have a garage?

If so, you don't even need to wash on the second day. If not, what you've described is fine.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            Do you have a garage?

If so, you don't even need to wash on the second day. If not, what you've described is fine.
            I wish, my family physically owns a garage, but its filled with junk. I'd empty it all out but the junk isn't mine. I really need to get that place cleaned out. If I could I'd invite a friend or two over and do an all night indoor detail lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tonio5555 View Post
              I wish, my family physically owns a garage, but its filled with junk. I'd empty it all out but the junk isn't mine. I really need to get that place cleaned out. If I could I'd invite a friend or two over and do an all night indoor detail lol.
              Why do people do that?

The house across the road from me has a big 4-car garage, yet there are 4 cars parked in the driveway and one on the street every night. Their garage is full of unorganised junk. Just doesn't make sense to me - I guess different people have different priorities...
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                Why do people do that?

The house across the road from me has a big 4-car garage, yet there are 4 cars parked in the driveway and one on the street every night. Their garage is full of unorganised junk. Just doesn't make sense to me - I guess different people have different priorities...
                Yeah, I don't have a garage either, if I did I'd use it for cars, but when I look at some of the junk I have around the home, I can almost see why people like it for that purpose too. ha-ha.

Comment

Keep covered from contaminants and use QD before any work.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');