• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very sensitive painted plastic trim....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very sensitive painted plastic trim....

i have these painted trim pieces on my door pillars and they are very easily swirled/hazed..... I have tried scratch X on them and it does not leave a good finish.... since it is plastic, would plastX be good to try on them?

Re: very sensitive painted plastic trim....

What type of car?

If they are like what I'm thinking, a glossy plastic that if you touch it, leaves awful fingerprints on it. Then, PlastX would be fine followed by a couple coats of wax and use UQD to maintain and help keep fingerprints off.

Test spot though
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I've tried a number of products on them (ScratchX, PlastX, M105, and M86).

PlastX worked, but M80 worked the best.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

its a 09 murano... yes its glossy piece of plastic that is black and leaves a smudge when anything touches it.....

Comment

i guess i'll try 80 on it then since i dont have any plastX on hand....

Comment

Do you have any ColorX handy, a cleaner wax may be the ticket.

Comment

i have color X too.... i guess if i do color X i dont have to follow it up.....

Comment

It is a cleaner/wax, you don't have to, but I always follow up with at least a coat of your favorite wax. Maintain with UQD.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');