• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help - How to remove paint stains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - How to remove paint stains?

I have a white Mazda protege, yesterday I found out that my car have paint on it. How can I remove the paint stain from my car?

Re: Need help - How to remove paint stains?

What sort of paint?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is it like some kind of over spray? If yes then claying would be your answer.
      If it's some kind of paint transfer, from a pole or something like this then you can give ScratchX a try

But come back and specify because you could be referring to the line pavement paint and you could get a different recommendation

Comment

Pics would be big help and what kind of paint,oil based,water based,lacquar,urthane, finger,ect

Comment

Thanks guys.. its over spray.. the paint is oil based paint.

Comment

Originally posted by galantesp View Post
            Thanks guys.. its over spray.. the paint is oil based paint.
            Thoroughly wash your vehicle, paying extra attention to the final rinse. Then grab a clay kit or a clay bar and some 50/50 Last Touch and spray down the affected area.

Get half of the clay bar in your hand, with a firm grip, and start to work it over the surface. Pay attention to what you are doing as you do not want to drop the clay or it goes STRAIGHT to the trash (NO EXCEPTIONS!! ).

Also, you should feel and hear it going from a very rough surface with a scratchy type sound to smooth and quiet as you work the clay. Check it periodically to see if the surface of the clay is dirty and fold the clay into itself to make sure you have fresh clay on the surface touching the paint.

This will almost certainly fix your problem- if not, check back in (with pictures!)

Good luck!

Comment

Moved out of "How To Articles" and into Detailing 101

Please don't post threads in any of the forums groups in the Information Station, if you're unsure where to post a question, please post it to our Detailing 101 forum.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');