• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest lasting Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest lasting Wax

I would like to know everyones opinion on which is Meguiars longest lasting wax (Final Step Product).
    I currently have the following waxes:
    NXT, MPPP, Gold Glass, DC step 3 and Cleaner Wax (consumer Line).
    In my case, MPPP last the longest.

well my experience is that the Goldclass wax and the NXT tech wax lasts longest at my country.. i think it depends on how much you drive where and at what weather conditions.

Comment

How does # 16 and # 26 compare to NXT ?

Comment

Re: Longest lasting Wax

Originally posted by manueljlg
        I would like to know everyones opinion on which is Meguiars longest lasting wax (Final Step Product).
        I currently have the following waxes:
        NXT, MPPP, Gold Glass, DC step 3 and Cleaner Wax (consumer Line).
        In my case, MPPP last the longest.
        Lots of factors affect longevity, but for me;

NXT is the longest lasting, followed by MPPP, followed by #20, followed by #16, followed by #26, followed by GC. Haven't used the Cleaner Wax or DC#3 in years.
        Last edited by jfelbab; Sep 10, 2004, 08:04 PM.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

When you talk about which wax last longest, whaT do you mean ? Protection , or how long the gloss last . My question is what leaves the longest lasting gloss?

Comment

When you talk about which wax last longest, whaT do you mean ? Protection , or how long the gloss last . My question is what leaves the longest lasting gloss?

I´m focusing more on protection.

Comment

Originally posted by manueljlg

I´m focusing more on protection.
              Hi manueljlg.

The list of products I submitted is in the order that I see them in providing protection. As it turns out I'd also put them in the same order for providing lasting gloss as well. But as everyones environmentals are different your results may vary.

In mid November, I'll be in Mexico for the first time. Heading down to Puerto Vallarta for a short vacation.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

IMO
                The only test that I have done and is still in progress in the NXT topped with carnauba test. There are no pics. or side by side reviews only my words.

what the veh has done to it.
                wash NXT car wash.
                #82 Swirl Free Polish.
                NXT x2
                carnauba (2 weeks later)

shine Longevity I feel that NXT has the advantage here. As of now. (most of the autos that I have done are daily drivers non garage keep) This test seems to be the hardest to compare if the finish of the auto are as close to perfect as possible it's hard to see when / where the LSP (last steep product) deteriorated to.

Wet look I belive the carnauba have the edge here.

staying clean the longest I belive NXT has the edge has the edge on this one, the carnauba I used was nice, looked real good but seemed to allow debris to stick to it more than NXT. The veh under test is driven 44 - 50 miles a day and the time frame is when the hurricane Frances passed through FLA. and then ended up traveling up towards the PA. NJ. border and a low pressures zone with lots of rain.

Protection I have had NXT on my veh for 1 1/2 months, washed weekly before having to reapply. carnauba is still on veh being tested and has its first wash this weekend so far.

Why you ask am I doing this.

Aaaahaa I'm looking for a good long lasting protectant for the winter's in the north east. It does not necessarily need to be out standing it the finish department just needs to LAST/ PROTECT LONG.time

I am trying my best to eliminate bias on this test, No 2 days are alike and with out the side by side comparison to judge each product is unfair.
                Rich
                If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

jfelbab:

Puerto Vallarta is a beautifull place. But if you can choose, my best advice to you ( I know 80% of major beach destinations of Mexico) is to go to Cancun.
                  Cancun has the most beatifull beaches of Mexico, and its surrounded by a lot of interesting places. It´s a little more expensive, but it´s worth it.

Thank all for your replys.

Comment

We are planning on a trip to Riviera Maya next year. I want to see the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza and the beaches. I also want to visit Cozumel.

Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. PM me so we don't hijack the theme of this thread.
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

I am in the process of testing MPPP and NXT on the hood of my GTO. NXT is hanging right in there with the MPPP as far as shine and protection. The NXT does do a better job of filling in swirls though.

I judge durability by slickness, then gloss in that order.

BTW I did not apply any Spray Booster Wax to the hood as that would skew the results. I don't remember when I applied the MPP and NXT to my hood I would have to go bqck and look at my original post on the test. It was at least 2-3 months ago. The only maintenance I have done on the hood is washing with NXT Car Wash and Final Detail or Last Touch for daily dusting when it has not rained. There ar 3 coats of each product on the hood.

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');