• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted on "Pin Stripe", how to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Painted on "Pin Stripe", how to remove?

Well I only have the Deep Crystal for a paint cleaner, don't have a PC anymore. Will that be enough or can't tell right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Orca View Post
      What about a paint run razor? You know, where you have a block with a blade that protrudes through to touch the surface in micro-fine measurements to remove paint runs. Just a thought ...
      Would take a steady hand but might do the job...

Originally posted by seth1066 View Post
      If you find it's not actually painted on, 3M makes a "Stripe Off" wheel for removal of "vinyl striping tapes."
      Personally never used one of these things but have read that they work really well... seems like if you weren't carefully you could burn the paint?

Originally posted by dfw View Post
      Well I only have the Deep Crystal for a paint cleaner, don't have a PC anymore. Will that be enough or can't tell right now?
      It will probably help, but you won't know till you try... remove some striping and then inspect the paint in good lighting, maybe even different lighting...

If you see an imprint or a residual stain of any kind, simply apply the DCPC and work over the area with some passion for about 45 seconds or so and then wipe off and inspect again.

If you see a little improvement then more cleaning will give you more improvement.

If you don't see any improvement then you'll likely have to get a more aggressive product or if the problem is under the clear layer then there's nothing you can do at all.

So hope there's no imprint, hope there's no stain of the clear coat and hope that if there is any problem that it's topical so you can fix it.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I used M83 and a Yellow Edge buffing pad on mine and they came off nice and clean.

Comment

Most stripe guys in my area use sign painters paint which is lacquer based. Try a spot with #2 0r 105, or solo by hand if you pull it off than it's a good bet it will come off with lacquer thinner and it will not hurt your clear coat.apply it wet and let it work a little then it should rub off.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');