• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Corvette Z06 DETAIL (Black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 Corvette Z06 DETAIL (Black)

Unbelievable! When I looked at the last pic, the word that came to mind was "delicious".
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

on the vette. Looks fantastic on the afters.

and your sidekick - cute.

Tim
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Although it was alot of work it was quite fun.

Originally posted by SSMUFF View Post
        Very nice, love the C5's. When you work with fiberglass do you do anything differently?
        Thanks SSMUFF. I worked the paint the way I would on any other car. I may have been a little lighter on the wool pad pressure.

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
        Great work.

I don't know what it is, but your 'effort & enjoyment' comes through obviously in the way you post...

I suppose the intention to remove wheels, the desire to finish out 100% rotary, your documentation of the detail through words and pics...
        And the excitement causing you to forget some shots.

Was it an all-day deal?

You've got the detail-bug, no doubt. BRAVO!
        Wow, thanks Kevin. I really wanted to clean the wheels out from the inside as well as the calipers. Just wanted to make the car look as new as possible. My brother has always wanted a Corvette and since it was new I wanted to give the brand new effect so he could enjoy it even more. I definitely have the detail bug. I started Saturday at about 10:00am and endde about 4:00p. Continued on Sunday at 7:30a and finished about 3:00. Totoal woek on the car was about 13hrs and 40min. Thanks again.

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
        Nice job Jesse!

Corvette paint can certainly be a challenge....very hard but scratches easily. Getting the final perfect shine is not so easy. Even M80 with a buffing pad will leave a slight haze under the Brinkman. Looks like you did a great job.

Love to see another Corvette restored to a great shine!
        Thanks Bob. Yeah Corvette paint is pretty hard. I think I could easily spend 20 hrs or so to try and make it as perfect as possible. M80 with the 8006 and G110 was micro marring the paint. I think some #9 on the W-8006 or W-9006 pad should make it look wetter. I'll have to experiment on that. Under the sun I could still see some very light holograms that I just wasn't happy with. I'll go over it again soon. I might be taking it to the open garage on Thursday.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Jesse, the vette looks outstanding. You made it look better then new. Nice and reflective. Way to go. The interior looks great. Bet your brother was thrilled.
        Thanks J. A. Michaels. He was thrilled when he first saw it. He said it was like new and was extremely happy not only with the paint but the engine as well.

Originally posted by kty10 View Post
        Great job!

What did you use to clean and condition the leather?
        Thanks, I used leather Cleaner and Conditioner from teh detailer line D-18001
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

SWEET!
          The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
          --VoicesInMyHead--
          0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

great work!!! like always

Comment

Jesse,

Try M09 with a finishing pad at slow speed (like 3). That should work to diminish the micro marring. You could also try M86 with a finish pad. Using a brinkman will really show how well you are fixing the micromarring.

When I first polished my vette, I used M83 and a polishing pad. It looked pretty good, but always had a slight bit of haze. I spoke with Kevin Brown and got the tips above and it really made a difference.
              -Bob
              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                Jesse,

Try M09 with a finishing pad at slow speed (like 3). That should work to diminish the micro marring. You could also try M86 with a finish pad. Using a brinkman will really show how well you are fixing the micromarring.

When I first polished my vette, I used M83 and a polishing pad. It looked pretty good, but always had a slight bit of haze. I spoke with Kevin Brown and got the tips above and it really made a difference.
                Lol, You read my mind Bob. That's exactly what I'm going to use as soon as I get my rotory back. That's what I used on a black Yukon with amazing results. Here is part of my description on that job.

"Some areas required #83 on a 8006 pad followed by #80 on the rotory. #9 then became my best friend also applied with the rotory. #21 was hand applied."
                Jesse

Comment

I had forgotten to include the before pics of the engine so here they are

After (again for side by side comparison)

Jesse

Comment

Wow, way better than before... looks brand new! The engine bay really POPS!

Great job!!!
                    2007 Chevrolet Corvette convertible(Fully Loaded)
                    2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate(Fully Loaded, 22 inch American Racing Titan rims, chromed throughout)
                    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Gold Package <--Being replaced by Mercedes Benz S, CL or CLS class

Comment

I buffed my uncles black '98 Corvette a couple months ago and had the same issue with the last step before LSP. I used rotary and M83 followed by DA and M82 and it maybe left some slight micro-marring. I think the speed was on like 4-4.5. I also had my uncle do that step so when he showed his friends he could say he helped with the buffing. I might try M82 on the rotary on a very low speed next time and compare.
                      "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

Very nice work. Beautiful Corvette.
                        Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
                        Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

SYDSTER

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind comments. My brother & I have agreed on a scheduled day for me to finish her off now that I have my rotory back. I'll post a couple more pics after she's 100% completed on the paint polishing.
                            Jesse

Comment

Nice work. Even without the rotary.
                              Rob A.
                              '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                              '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
                                Nice work. Even without the rotary.
                                Thanks RacerX88. I still saw some holograms under the sun that I need to take out. Believe it or not it's been bugging me like crazy knowing that it's in that condition still.
                                Jesse

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');