• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugs are attracted to sit on car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs are attracted to sit on car?

I have no idea why, maybe a meg. wax attracts them but its weird as heck! I came out one morning and i see maybe 10-15 flys just sitting on my car, and windows. Its odd cause my parents car was out there to and they did not attract any bugs, only mine! I hate it alot cause they leave little brown spots hah. Anyone else have this?
    Meguiars=FTW

HMD - 2nd Year & Running Strong

Re: Bugs are attracted to sit on car?

What color car is it?

At work my one coworker always seems to have flys sitting on her car. It's white. I just figured the darker colors where maybe to hot.
    Scott

Comment

I have the same problem. Right after i get done washing. I go inside to get some water, come out, it looks like a party on my roof. Thursday i even had 4 or 5 bees on the windshield just flyin around.

PS my car is also white and so was my truck before. Maybe its just the white?

Comment

Very simple...the bugs now think your car is a big fruit. I washed my car today and one of my munchkins kept smelling the wash mitt and bucket saying Daddy this smells so good. I just kept saying Gold Class baby boy...Gold Class! Most Megs products are quite intoxicating and what bug wouldn't want to sun bath on a nice shiny vehicle that smells like a Megs product. Excellent marketing!!!

Comment

Bees love my cars especially when i am detailing..... luckily i dont have any flies....

Comment

my car is silver. I hope meg. comes out with some air freshers. FTW!
            Meguiars=FTW

HMD - 2nd Year & Running Strong

Comment

haha, Ive also noticed this! Im pretty sure there have been threads on it before.

I came out from my dorm one night and counted around 6 flies just hanging out on the side of my Jeep. I always see a few sitting around after washing it too.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

My cars are Orange and Gold, same thing, they love the taste of NXT 2.0
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I dunno why but flies do prefer to stand on lighter colors than dark ones; specially white. I used to own a white VW bug, it also attracted a lot of bugs! Could be the wax, but I'm guessing more that there's a scientific reason for them to favor lighter colored cars.

Comment

I use the same products on the wifes car as mine. Both vehicles are a dark shade of blue. Wifes car gets the flies. Mine nothing. Go figure.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Hahahaha! That's very funny J.A.!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');