• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black car and buffer swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black car and buffer swirls

I finally bought a new car(black 04 acura tsx with optional kit)and i love it.Ive only had the car for 3 weeks and washed it twice.Theres 1 coat of nxt wax(pre 2.0) on the car as well.The car was buffed by the dealership before i recieved it.The car looks great and has a deep rich color but when the sun is directly on the car you can see the buffer marks/swirls.Ive tried and tried to get it out but i think its beyond me

I am determined to get that stuff out because it bugs the hell out of me.If anyone has any suggestions for me i would appreciate the help

Re: Black car and buffer swirls

How are you working (hand, DA, or rotary)?
    Is it a daily driver or show car?
    Do you garage it at all?
    Rob A.
    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

You need some sort of light polish by the sounds of things
      If the DA/Rotary - #80 on polishing/finishing pads
      If by hand (bit unsure) -Maybe Scratch X ?

Comment

Here are some links that would describe in a very detailed way how to remove those holograms and swirls.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
        How To Remove Swirls By Hand

In a short way your process should look like this
        Wash (here is a link to Meguiar's Car Soap)
        Clay (Smooth Surface Clay Kit)
        Clean (ScratchX/Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner)
        Polish (Meguiar's Show Car Glaze/Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Polish
        Wax (NXT Tech Wax 2.0/Gold Class)

These products are just to help out as an example, you can pick the wax that you like best for example, Meguiar's offers a variety of high grade waxes that will do the job, same goes in the soap and in everything actually.

Hope this helps
        Last edited by yalerd; Aug 12, 2008, 06:03 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Ouch. Typical dealership work. Do you have a DA? I would suggest trying #80 on a DA and then #83 if you are not seeing results. It may require a few passes. See how that goes before you try a rotary.

Comment

Im working by hand and have never used a rotary or a da plus i would be to afraid to do it.Im just about to pay for a top dollar detail from a company here in seattle.This company believes in meguiars products and is the only name they use in there shop.All the other places say its to expensive and time consuming

Comment

good to hear its getting sorted, plus i will have easy spent excess(that a correction) on correction stuff, Pc7424, pads, lights, 3m blue tape, etc.

The Megs G220 DA is nothing to be afraid of its easy to use, safe and produces great results

Comment

I bought a couple of things to complete the 5step and did the whole thing after work last week.All the swirls are gone along with holograms and it has a deep rich shine.Both fenders had a ruff feeling to them on a few spots and the claybar took care of it.Thanks guys

Comment

I am glad you got your car looking the way you want it. On a side note. The g100/110 is practically goof proof. It is a very user friendly machine. If I were you I would consider getting one in the future. You will be amazed at how good your car looks then.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

oka it looks good and all but whats this wierd stuff im seeing at night? me and my friends went out to eat and his is300 lights were on the side of my car.Im not sure how to explain it but it looks all streaky and just plain nasty and would bug anyone who owned the car.During the day it looks awesome but after seeing this im just like what the hell

Comment

sounds like holograms..... just buy a G110 for $150 and go at it with 80.... it'll be fixed in no time.... G110 will not burn your paint.... will not cause more swirls..... is pretty much idiotproof unless you throw it at the car....

its a very time consuming process by hand.... clay bar does not fix swirl marks.... scratch X gives you blisters if you doing the whole car....

Comment

Sounds like

DISO = The Dealer Installed Swirl Option

Same topic as this thread...

Are holograms and buffer swirl the norm for a black car?

This guy got his money back and the dealership got the car back. Maybe the dealership will pay a little more attention to their quality of work in the future?

If you can't return the car for your money back then the best next thing to do is to learn how to use a DA Polisher and remove the swirls yourself.

Read through the above thread however as it's going to educate you on what it means for you or anyone to remove the swirls. I means removing clear paint and you only have so much and you want and need as much of it on the car as you can retain.

So when the dealership swirled the car they also removed clear paint.
                        When you or someone else removes the swirls more clear paint will be removed.

You end up with a brand new car with less clear paint than you paid for and none of this was your fault.

This explains why....

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would use the g110 because my 04' G35x had major rotary holograms and swirls and i first tried to do it by hand it looked good (but not under the sun). So i bought the g110 and i did the following, 1. Gold Class wash, 2. Clay, 3. Deep crystal paint cleaner w/ polishing pad, 4. Color X w/ polishing pad, and 5. NXT 2.0 with a finishing pad and i removed 99% of those holograms, but since it was my first time using it i think i did a pretty good job maybe on my second run i would get it all out!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');