• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faded Yellow Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faded Yellow Paint

What products would I use to resore faded yellow paint? I have a PC7424 and LC pads. The paint is not whiteish in color so I do not think it is clear coat failure. The front of the car has new parts on it due to recent accident. The back driver door and the bumber in the back are faded and the two colors do not match. Would Color Rx do the job after clay and polish? What pads do you all recommend I use? Last question. How do I know when I have broken the product down enough to wipe off using a micro-fiber? I am unable to post a pic

Re: Faded Yellow Paint

ColorX would be an easy and inexpensive way to at least test to see if you can fix it. Pick up a bottle and use a polishing pad to apply it using the 5.0 speed setting.

Work a section about 18" inches square or so, not too big as you want to keep the surface wet with product so the chemical cleaners and diminishing abrasives can be there most effective.

Just buff for a few minutes but don't buff till the product starts to powder and dry up, you want to leave a wet film on the car during the process and to dry when you turn the polisher off.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Read this too...

If you're moving up to machine polishing, be sure to read the below thread before starting...
      Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
      (These are all similar tools)

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What other products would you recommend if it does not look better with the ColorX? What pads would you use to use the recommend products. I have a large LC Pad Kit that I ordered with the PC. Could I do a cutting pad and ColorX?

Comment

Color X is a mild paint cleaner/wax all in one.

M80 on a polishing pad may help with the oxidization as it has the wonderful diminshing abrasives with their great polishing oils.

Also, may want to give the new Detailer Line Paint Reconditioning Cream (D151) a shot too with a polishing pad or finishing pad (try a test spot with all products so you don't do the car then not happy with it ya know?)
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Nappers,

Would this process work:

Wash X2
            Clay until all paint is smoooooth
            Pure Polish
            Color X
            NXT wax
            Ultimate Detailer

Or what would you recommend?

Thanks
            DDS

Comment

pure polish is just that, no cleaners in it, just a coating to bring the gloss out. Deep Crystal #1 is a paint cleaner, mild one at that though for paint correction. Is the paint single stage or base clear coat? I know you said some parts are white but just want to make sure.

I like:

Wash
              Clay
              M80/M83 (depending on how severe may go higher)
              pure polish is an option but very popular.
              NXT - 2 THIN coats
              UQD

Comment

It is a newer vehicle so I an going to say it is a base clear coat. It is a Mazda Protege 2005 if I am not mistaken. There are no white parts just the rear driver door and the back bumper are faded or the paint looks duller than the new ones. Trying to match the rear to the front.

Comment

okay, then the products I mentioned is a good stepping stone.

M80 if not strong enough, m83 then follow with M80(if needed)

What you want to do is remove the dead paint. I think Mike recommended to wash, clay then use the paint cleaner then clay again as you remove the dead paint there could be some embedded particles under the dead paint. Then resume with your paint polishing.

A lot of people are liking the new M105 but I have not tried it yet and cannot comment yet.

BUT be sure to do a test spot like I said so you don't try to do the whole car then not like the results. I work in a 12X12 area throughout the car. Make sure to clean the pad on the fly and have a pad or two more with that much paint correction or be ready to clean the pad and keep going.

Comment

here are some good links from members in the Extreme Makeover

Mazda MX5 - by Twinsport

Mustang Makeover - By Nick Chapman

1989 Mustang, pink to red - By Kerrinjeff

So you want extreme? - By Tim Lingor - one of my favorites, not oxidized but needed severe paint correction.

Aaron

Comment

OK here is what I have gathered on what I should try.

Wash
                      Clay
                      Paint Cleaner (I have Step1 Paint Cleaner)
                      Clay again
                      Polish
                      Color X
                      Nxt Wax X2
                      UQD to finish the car

Does this sound like the right order of steps?

Comment

You may not need to do the Color X step, it may take the pure polish off, not sure.

And only clay if you do a pass or two with the cleaner and the paint is rough! No sense in doing a step that is not needed. I just read that somewhere and depending on severity of the oxidization.

Give the Step 1 a chance, may take a pass or two or three to get it. If that don't work you may need more aggressive product.

Keep us posted

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');