• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claybar or Liquid Claybar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claybar or Liquid Claybar?

Some guys thought I should post it so here it goes...Okay, some of you have seen the Liquid Claybar in the stores and have wondered if it really works. If you know me you also know I'm a lazy guy and anything that will save me time and still provide the same results has got my money forever and ever amen. Well I've got a red hot $5 bill just burning a hole in my holey BVD's (don't lie you've got them too and they're comfy huh?). So I pay the cashier at the P-Boys. So, as I walk away in shame I say to myself "Hmm, who am I gonna' test this stuff on....."

I know, my wife's Denali......wait, if it fails, I am in trouble...AGAIN!!!

The Bat Wagon???....don't be stupid...

I know my Mother-In-Law's Volvo!! Yeah!! It's a perfect overcast morning today in Oceanside, CA. I wash the car first so I have a nice clean surface to work with. Note: my Mother-In-Law's car has never been claybar'ed, so I'll assume it's been waxed before meaning it has wax over "dirt". Now the TEST...If it fails..."I didn't do it, I was just being nice and washing the car".

So, it's the new kid on the block vs. the ole' detialer and claybar.

I'm not going to mention any Brand names but pictures are different.

As I use the foam applicator for the Liquid Claybar, I feel like it's doing something. There's a little friction which makes be feel like it's stripping the contaminants off the surface of the paint which is good. However, there is little proof of this as all you see is foamy blue liquid which is washed away when completed. WOW, that's was easy!! I'm like'in it!!

Sponge Applicator......................................... Claybar

The Claybar deffinatly shows what cannot be simply "washed" off.

So, just for fun I decided to flip the Claybar over to the clean side and use it on the portion of the car I had already clay'ed with the liquid Claybar. WHAT...???!!!

That can't be right, I just Liquid Claybar'ed the thing. So, I get out a whole New piece of claybar and......

I guess if you want it done right you gotta do it the Ole' Fashioned way. The Liquid Stuff SUCKDILLYUCKS!!!

What I used: Liquid car wash solution, Claybar with Detailer spray, Liquid Paint Cleaner, Liquid Polish, Paste Wax.

Now her car is smooth as glass.

When the reflection is sharp and clear, you did a good job.
    God Bless America and long live the real Claybar!!

Re: Claybar or Liquid Claybar?

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

A very interesting test and we appreciate you taking the time to do the test! Also, cool pics with Chip.

I would also like to mention that MOL is a family friendly forum: Forum Rules. What that means is that we have a very different standard than other forums when it comes to inappropriate language, insinuations etc. Our Spam filter caught your thread and held it moderation until we were able to take a look at it. As such, I have edited your thread to remove the non-family friendly content and have approved the thread.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Great review
      I'm amazed by the results, thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice test! Welcome to MOL.
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Thanks for Sharing and welcome to MOL.

I also found similar results when testing the liquid clay. It acted more like a cleaner/polish than a clay.

FYI....I would love to meet Chip!
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Yeah I also tried the Liquid Claybar and I was not impressed with the results. I took off the surface dirt but not the bonded dirt. I also tried the Polish from the same company and it worked but was not stunning. Last I tried the spray detailer and it works fine to remove surface contaminants and shine and protect the paint. For the Meguiars line it is equvilent the the Ultimate Quick Detailer.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

My feelings on Liquid Clay Bar have always been same and can be summarized as: I want my money back

Comment

I recently used this product on a pearlescent white Nissan Pathfinder. It did seem to work and left the surface smooth. However, I look at this product as not as a replacement for a true claybar (still the best standard for contaminant removal) but as an alternate to the claybar in time dependant details. Will this or the claybar "sponge" replace a claybar? NO. But this gives the equivalent results as a paint pre-wax cleaner.
                Last edited by new2detailing; Aug 6, 2008, 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Nice tests, thank you for takin the time

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol. Nice test and pics. Thanks for taking the time to do all of that.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thats great to know as I was looking at it the other day. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                        Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

A very interesting test and we appreciate you taking the time to do the test! Also, cool pics with Chip.

I would also like to mention that MOL is a family friendly forum: Forum Rules. What that means is that we have a very different standard than other forums when it comes to inappropriate language, insinuations etc. Our Spam filter caught your thread and held it moderation until we were able to take a look at it. As such, I have edited your thread to remove the non-family friendly content and have approved the thread.

Tim
                        Thanks Tim, I appreciate the assist!!

Comment

I was in a store and saw that and was pretty sure it wasnt going to work.

Comment

Nice write up..Thanks for sharing, I'm pretty sure a lot of people was contemplating tu use the liquid since it looks like it's easier....
                            That guy in the picture represents another brand......But what a great artist he is !!!!

Welcome to the forum btw...
                            Women wear shinny, men drive it...
                            Click on link to see signature picture:
                            http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

Hey, Welcome to MOL! Great test. Confirmed what I suspected... The Turtle is slow...
                              Rob A.
                              '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                              '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');