• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIO protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIO protection

Before I ask, I know that many factors play their respected parts in how long a wax will last. So i'll be speaking in generalities.

How long, or better yet, how durable, is the protection left from AIO products (such as ColorX or mainly the reason i'm askiing, D151). I have many Wash/Wax customers, and I'm just kinda wondering if I would be "cheating" them by using D151 instead of just claying then wax? Opinions, suggestions?

Re: AIO protection

Well, I think the two big factors would be that a dedicated product will almost always do a better job than an all in one for that task. So a dedicated cleaner will clean better , dedicated polish will polish better, dedicated wax will look and protect better.

Another big factor at the moment would be that none of the cleaner/waxes have the technology that Nxt 2.0 and #21 2.0 have in the, which really makes a good wax.

But when it comes to busines, it kind of can change whats important. You may have to decide car by car... someone may just want a "wash and wax", but if their car is in bad shape, you will get better results doing a cleaner/wax, since a pure wax is best on prepped paint.

From a business standpoint, you really cant go giving customers things they don't pay for, other than good service and solving problems of course. So a wash and wax could mean pure wax, or cleaner/wax depending on what the car is like. So if they wanted both, it may have to be a couple bucks more.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well what i've been doing, it I have my price for a full detail (which on the outside is clay and wax) then it's an additional fee to buff the vehicle. I do this, because most people where I live aren't going to pay the higher price to get the vehicle polished, they just want it to "shine" which clay and NXT 2.0 gives, and NXT 2.0 does a good job of concealing some of the imperfections. Also keep in mind the only other Detailer's (all 3 of them) in a 35 mile radius of me doesn't clay.

I just didn't know if the D151 would be a better choice, or keep it strictly a dedicated wax, then continue to use my 80/83, etc. for the polish "option"

Comment

Well, what I sometimes do (if the paint allows) is use M105 to 1-step remove the heavy swirls, scratches, and possible oxidation and then use D151 to polish the possible damage from the M105. It typically works, and then depending if time allows I will then throw on a coat of #21 2.0. Typically, adding the coat ox wax over the D151 at that point takes maybe 15 minutes to apply, 10-15 to cure (maybe more), and then 10 minutes to remove. It's maybe 30-45 extra minutes for the extra coat of wax.

So, typically I do it anyway. But, sometimes if the prep work went very well but took a long time and I feel that my AIO product left a solid, glossy finish I may leave it at that. It really depends on the car/client/schedule.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Well, if the car is in bad shape, but they are a regular customer, doing a strong cleaner/wax once i na while, and wax the other times should keep them happy.

If the car is in rough condition, I imagine the cleaner/wax would do better. Sometimes a test spot is called for.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');