• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best time of day to apply wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time of day to apply wax?

What would be the best time of day to apply wax with a DA polisher? I don't have a garage to work with, and the sun usually comes up before 11am thanks to a giant tree on the east side of the driveway. Should I wake up early enough to wash and wax my car? Or can I wax it in the sun? Thanks.

Re: Best time of day to apply wax?

Waxing "in the sun" isnt the problem. The problem is surface temperature. Waxing in the direct sun in December in Maine on a white car is a little different than waxing a black car in the direct sun in Arizona in August.

So you just have to be able to keep your cars surface at a reasonable temperature to work on.

It sounds like in the summer, early morning would be a good choice, or evening. But you will have to let your car cool down in the evening, even after it is out of the sun. In contrast, in winter and late fall/early spring, you may want to be in the sun, to keep your cars surface from getting too cold.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Daily summer tempurature ranges from 85-100 degrees. Also, does anyone know any information on the new 2.0 pads? I looked through the topics, and I just want to know the difference between cutting pads and polishing/finishing pads, and the pads that best suit me. I'm not into the getting all the steps into waxing, maybe just using the NXT 2.0 wax. Thing is I don't have too much time, but I still want to keep my car looking slick. So would buying the polish/finish 2.0 pads get the job done?

Comment

My personal experience... I try to go for morning / evening... or late afternoon. Always in the shade. I agree with Murr 1525..definitely let it cool down in the evening 1st. Best advice i can give is to try to avoid the sun altogether when waxing.

Comment

Also try to do it on days when humidity is gonna be low. Alot of folks have problems with drying times and streaking on very humid days.
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Another question is regarding the new buffing pads that are machine washable. If I just want to apply the NXT 2.0, which would be the best pad to use?

Comment

You want to use a finishing pad. Have fun!
              Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');