• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Liquid Wax How to??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Liquid Wax How to??

I have been using Gold Class car wash to wash my car and am very impressed with the results.. I want to now take it to the next level and wax my car, something I have never done.

Can this product be applied by hand, and if yes what is the process and what are the tools needed?

Would it suffice to wash the car and then apply wax or are there any other steps one should first follow?

Re: Gold Class Liquid Wax How to??

Hello and welcome to mol.

Yes you can apply Gold Class wax by hand. All you need is a applicator, and a couple of microfibers to remove the wax after it has dried.
    on the home page there are some links you should look over, like this: The 5 Step Paint Care Cycle
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

What are the steps?

I was thinking of the following

Wash
      Clay
      Wax

which step am I missing

Comment

You might like to read these over, so you at least understand the full process, even if you dont do all of it.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
        Step 1 Wash
        Step 2 Clean
        Step 3 Polish
        Step 4 Protect
        Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanx Murr1525!

I have a 2008 civic that now has 3000 kilometers on it....

Step-2 Cleaning or Surface Prep - It says that you need not clay bar the vertical components of the car... do these areas like doors not go through this step?

What do you do with the piece of clay after you've used it.. is it garbage?

Comment

Thanx!

Step-2 Cleaning or Surface Prep,
            if I decide to clay, do I do the doors and vertical parts, use a different product in these areas for this step or is this step solely for horizontal areas?

Comment

Originally posted by matok View Post
              Thanx Murr1525!
              What do you do with the piece of clay after you've used it.. is it garbage?
              Keep using it my kneading it some more to expose clean clay. Once the entire bar is dirty looking.. you can toss it.

You can use the clay bar on the vertical surfaces of your car, alloy wheels, glass, too! Megs seems to say horizontal surfaces because those areas get the most accumulation of bonded contaminants.
              Rob A.
              '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
              '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

As new as your car is, you could probably just go wash to wax, or wash to cleaner (like DC 1), and then to wax.

It would of course be better to see it all, but your car is probably still pretty nice, so you probably could go to wax and get good results, but you have worst weather than me probably, so some of the extra steps would be nice and set you up nicely.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');