• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 Honda Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Honda Accord

I have a 2001 Honda Accord that has been running perfectly, but now
    suddenly does not start. When turning the key in the ignition I can
    hear the starter whirring but nothing else.What should I do?

Re: 2001 Honda Accord

Hit it with some NXT 2.0!!!! Even though it won't be moving, it'll look good.

Just kidding, I'm not a mechanical guy... just having some fun.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Maybe dead battery? Does your car have some sort of ignition kill switch or finicky alarm? Car not in gear (hold on with me for a sec)?

I ask because a co-worker has a boyfriend who has a 2002 Accord and all of those things above are what caused it not to start. His stock alarm is so hypersensitive it is at the point of absurdity. Sometimes even shutting off the alarm causes hiccups and has not allowed it to start in the past.

Good luck.

Comment

Probably should have been in General Discussion...

Is the starter cranking the engine or is there just a clicking noise? If it is just clicking, then you have a dead battery. If it is just spinning out (the whirring?), you probably need a new starter, and hopefully that's all. The teeth on the starter (which would most likely be gone if it is just spinning out) mesh with the flywheel. If teeth on the flywheel are gone too, then you get the picture...

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

We moved your thread to the Break Room.

As for your question, you might consider joining a Honda Accord forum as it will have more Honda aficionados than this forum and you might find someone that's had your same problem to explain what they did to fix the problem.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Check the battery first. Take it out take it to a local auto parts store.

Comment

Is the engine turning or is the starter just running? If the starter is just running then its probably the solenoid on the starter.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I had the same problem with my 2002 Accord a few weeks ago...died on me suddenly.

The only problem was a dead battery, as mine clicked. However, if yours doesn't "turn over," it's probably the starter.

Just for kicks, get some post cleaner and a battery brush and clean those battery posts. WD-40 works too.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');