• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Meguiar's make a car wash shampoo for pressure washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Meguiar's make a car wash shampoo for pressure washer?

Does Meguiar's make a car wash shampoo for pressure washer?

Hi,

I was just wondering if any of the Meguiar's car wash shampoo's were usable in a pressure washer (1800 psi)?

I don't suppose you can use #62 or the Gold Class?

Are pressure washers even good for a car? Other than the wheel wells and the wheels....

Re: Meguiars make a car wash shampoo for pressure washer?

Hmmm, ok, I found this from a previous post on here

Oh ya here is the soap ratios found for use in pressure washers

Meguiars Soft Wash Gel - 3:1
    Meguiars NXT Car Wash - 4:1
    Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash - 4:1
    Meguiars Shampoo Plus - 4:1
    Meguiars #62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 4:1
    Meguiars Hyper Wash - 14:1

Comment

I use a pressure washer but have not used soap with it, wasnt sure if you could use a Megs soap with that. A pressure washer is safe as long as your not holding it to close to the paint or use an attachment that makes the water fan narrow. Just gotta be cautious. I find that the pressure washer works wonders on the wheels and wheel wells. I just spray some wheel brightner and let it sit for a few mins then spray 'em down.

Comment

Checked with Jason Rose on the subject of which of our car washes can be used with pressure washers and here's his very insightful reply...

Question: Which Meguiar's Car Washes can be used with a pressure washer?

Answer:
        All of them. None of our car wash soaps have any formula restrictive reason they won’t work in a pressure washer. But the real question is how much concentrate? The mixing ratio from machine to machine varies widely. If you put their recommended amount of concentrate of Hyper Wash (400:1) VS Shampoo Plus (128:1)…you will get different results.

The machine takes a concentrate and further mixes at a certain ratio…which can be different from machine to machine. The user will need to make the adjustment based on the wash product and desired results.

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Does Meguiar's make a car wash shampoo for pressure washer?

So I am guessing that the ratios that I found in this previous post are wrong...

Oh ya here is the soap ratios found for use in pressure washers

Meguiars Soft Wash Gel - 3:1
          Meguiars NXT Car Wash - 4:1
          Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash - 4:1
          Meguiars Shampoo Plus - 4:1
          Meguiars #62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 4:1
          Meguiars Hyper Wash - 14:1

Comment

Re: Does Meguiar's make a car wash shampoo for pressure washer?

What it means is they may not apply to your machine.

The goal is to have 128:1 (or 400:1 for HyperWash) leaving your machine. You would need to check your own machine's interal dilution ratio, and then do the math so it matches up.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');