• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLEX XC 3401 VRG Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FLEX XC 3401 VRG Polisher

RaskyR1 -

do you think that since the new pads are made to fit the flex that the backing plate will still be an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by jmitch8011 View Post
      RaskyR1 -

do you think that since the new pads are made to fit the flex that the backing plate will still be an issue?
      The issue before was that the BP extended beyond the velcro and cut into the foam. I think Mike had a chance to attach a new pad to the FLEX last week so maybe he can chime in.
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

RaskyR1 -

The backing plate issue Rasky mentioned has nothing to do with the pads used (to a certain extent it does but it's irrelevant on a bigger scale I believe)... rather it's an issue with the design of the Flex machine itself... when the backing plate has too much force applied at one point while working, it has a tendency to touch and burn the plastic and/or the felt on the housing
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

The new pads seem to have a plastic coating in the recessed area so there should be no issue with the new pads IMO.
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

A few threads related to the Flex debate:

Good reads.
            Kevin Brown
            NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

I think Mike is off today per his post and yes the do have a picture with on on a flex from the open garage. Did anyone from the open garage use this that can give your thoughts. - Oh yeah I read all through those over the last week or so and you are correct there is some good reading there as well. I just wanted to hear some more thoughts on it to make my finaly choice clear.

Comment

hey Kevin Brown - thanks for putting those links in one spot - i started reading through them again lol.

Comment

well i finally ordered my starting items -

Flex Kit #2 Special
                  Item # Flex Kit 2 Towel Color: Light Blue
                  Pad Selection: Cross-Cut Flex Foam Pads
                  $309.95 USD
                  Meguiar's Paint Reconditioning Cream 32 oz. Jumbo Sampler - 1 M9910 Ultimate Wipe
                  Item # D15132 - M9910 $14.95 USD
                  Ultimate Super Microfiber DA Polisher Bonnet 6 Pack
                  Item # ADS-MFB 6 Pack $11.95 USD
                  PC Training DVD
                  Item # PC DVD $24.95 USD
                  Subtotal: $361.80 USD
                  Shipping & Handling: $16.95 USD

I will be ordering the MG pads as well but I want to order and pay off then order again. It should be in this coming Wed or Thur! Oh and I would like to say that Rick at ADS has great customer services. He called me back at 10pm to update some advise he had given me for my order. I had recently spoke to him but I thought it was a bit late but he was great help.

Comment

I think Mike is off today per his post and yes the do have a picture with on on a flex from the open garage.
                    Mike and I briefly used my Flex with SoftBuff 2.0s during open garage last Thursday and there were no fitment issues, plus there were no "cutting into pad" issues (thanks to now laminated back of the pad).

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
                      Mike and I briefly used my Flex with SoftBuff 2.0s during open garage last Thursday and there were no fitment issues, plus there were no "cutting into pad" issues (thanks to now laminated back of the pad).

Thanks! I just wanted to confrim before I order my pads.

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                        I have the Dewalt rotary, FLEX, and PC. I can live without the FLEX but not the other two. That being said, I think the FLEX fits nicely in the middle and cuts buffing time down where you would normally use a G110/PC unit. I have also used the FLEX with M105/W-8006 and removed some pretty deep scratches with very little effort.

Only issue I had was the felt gasket melting to the backing plate. I've removed the gasked and it seems fine now. I will be getting a replacement BP and gasket soon. Others have had the same issue and said that customer service was great.

Rasky

I fogot to ask you this but can the Flex be used to apply and remove waxes very well? I know it depends on the user but just wanted to get your thoughts.

Comment

I fogot to ask you this but can the Flex be used to apply and remove waxes very well? I know it depends on the user but just wanted to get your thoughts.
                          I have seen people complain that it doesn't work well for that, and I have seen people say they do not have any problems. During same garage night Mike (what do you mean with "which Mike"? ) used it to apply wax on part of one hood without any headache. Me, I always create a mess doing that with it so I am sticking to "PC" for LSP application and removal.

Comment

^yeah, I agree. If you have a PC/G110 I would use that for applying waxes over the FLEX.
                            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');