• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Porter Cable Member Promotion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I signed up just because of this deal, but will definitely be coming back for the info on the forum here. Can't wait to get the PC and try it out.

2001 Lightning - 12.87@108 Street Tires, Street Tune
    http://www.ayresweb.com

Comment

Originally posted by dailo
      How does the life time warranty work? If it stops working, Meguiar's will replace it?
      Hi dailo,

Meguiar's backs up the product we sell. If the G-100 fails due to a malfunction of the unit, Meguiar's will replace it. Meguiar's understands there are a few people in the world that will try to abuse the unit and take unfair advantage of Meguiar's policy, but we know these people are the exception, not the norm.

If you purchase a G-100 from Meguiar's and it breaks, if you return it to Meguiar's, we will replace it with a new unit.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
        I signed up just because of this deal, but will definitely be coming back for the info on the forum here. Can't wait to get the PC and try it out.

http://www.AyresWeb.com
        Hi Shawn,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I checked out your website with your cars and the fender roller, nice looking cars and interesting tool.

Meguiar's Online Discussion Forum is a resource to help people learn how to get the best results from their time, money and efforts as well as a community of like-minded people passionate about their cars.

Welcome!

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Hi Shawn,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I checked out your website with your cars and the fender roller, nice looking cars and interesting tool.

Meguiar's Online Discussion Forum is a resource to help people learn how to get the best results from their time, money and efforts as well as a community of like-minded people passionate about their cars.

Welcome!

Mike
          Thanks Mike. I've been "car crazy" for many years now and had never used any kind of machine polisher/buffer until last week. I got some nasty hard water spots on my 2001 Lightning that wouldn't come off with anything until I borrowed my dad's cheap orbital buffer and used some Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to remove all the spots. My truck looks better now after polishing it with the DCPC than it did when it had wax on it.

After that ordeal I went searching for a way to get a few left over scratches out, came to Meguiars site since the DCPC worked so good, found the forums, and now I'm putting together my order. The PC, a pack of polish pads, an ultimate bonnet, and some #82 and #81, and looking for a few other things to complete my list. I already have some NXT I'll be using to top off the polish job. This deal is perfect timing for me.

Shawn

Comment

anyway to make this purchase online?

Also, completely unrelated...If I ordered a gallon of 83 are there any empty 16 oz bottles i can buy to use?
            Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by williams22
              anyway to make this purchase online?

Also, completely unrelated...If I ordered a gallon of 83 are there any empty 16 oz bottles i can buy to use?
              The promotion needs to be ordered through Customer Care because the online ordering system isn't set-up to give you the discount. Sorry...

Meguiar's sells 12 ounce squirt bottles. Here's the part number D-20199

Secondary Bottles

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

It's a toll free number, and they are open long hours. I called this morning with exactly what I needed, and my order was complete within 2-3 minutes. I even got a tracking number this afternoon, and will be getting my PC + extras on Friday.

Comment

After that ordeal I went searching for a way to get a few left over scratches out, came to Meguiar's site since the DCPC worked so good, found the forums, and now I'm putting together my order. The PC, a pack of polish pads, an ultimate bonnet, and some #82 and #81, and looking for a few other things to complete my list. I already have some NXT I'll be using to top off the polish job. This deal is perfect timing for me.

Shawn
                  Hi Shawn,

The #82 is a pretty mild cleaner/polish when applied with the G-100, if you have some serious defects, then a good combo would be Speed Glaze and #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish. Follow this with wax and you're good to go.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Hi Shawn,

The #82 is a pretty mild cleaner/polish when applied with the G-100, if you have some serious defects, then a good combo would be Speed Glaze and #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish. Follow this with wax and you're good to go.

Mike
                    Thanks Mike...I actually ordered some #83, 82, 81, Speed Glaze, #26 Yellow wax to compare with the NXT (maybe even top the NXT with it...), + a host of other goodies.

Here's a couple of pics of my truck this evening having only used the DCPC with a cheap orbital...nothing else done to it yet.

Comment

good looking truck! Gotta love the L! I really like how it sits... If there is one thing about my truck I don't like its how the rear end sits. I keep thinking about doing something about it.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                        good looking truck! Gotta love the L! I really like how it sits... If there is one thing about my truck I don't like its how the rear end sits. I keep thinking about doing something about it.
                        Thanks...I have the Roush suspension kit on mine, and absolutely love the way it handles and rides, not to mention the stance it has.

BTW, my PC + extras showed up today...time to get polishing!

Shawn

Comment

Just placed my order, woohoo!

In addition to the kit, bought the extra pad kit (24.95 for 2 8006 and 1 9006), an ultimate bonnet, mild clay kit, and a 32oz bottle of #83. I'm going to need a bigger container to keep all my stuff in!

Comment

Thanks Mike...I actually ordered some #83, 82, 81, Speed Glaze, #26 Yellow wax to compare with the NXT (maybe even top the NXT with it...), + a host of other goodies.

Here's a couple of pics of my truck this evening having only used the DCPC with a cheap orbital...nothing else done to it yet.

That looks sweet!

Your finish looks good with what you've done already, wait till you wipe off your lsp....

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks, MIKE!

Mike & Meg's

The detail clinic you gave for us harley truck owners, the wealth of info/help in this forum plus this special helped me achieve this:

BTW, this is how my lid used to look like:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by kromdom; Sep 20, 2004, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hi kromdome,

I took the liberty to upload your picture into your gallery using the information taught in the below tutorials

This is an amazing difference!

After

Before

Great work!

Mike
                                Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X