• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt Stains on Automobile Carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt Stains on Automobile Carpet

First of all, this is my first post as I just joined this forum and was hoping for a solution to my problem.

I have hard salt stains in the black carpet of my 2006 Corolla that I just purchased. What product can I use to get these hard white salt stains out of my black carpet?

Will Meguiar's Upolstry Cleaner work? Any information would be greatly appreciated. By the way, a special hello to all members from a newbie!

Re: Salt Stains on Automobile Carpet

Road salt?

Try vacuuming it dry and work it with a brush. Seems to work good for me. You just need to loosen the salt then **** it out.
    Scott

Comment

I think he probably means the white residue from melted salt....

Not sure what the best thing would be, I would probably damped the area and spray something like Quick Out on the area. Then agitate with a brush and blot or vacuum off.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just cleaned a car whose floor mats had the salt stains in them. I used the carpet and upholstery cleaner, agitated it with the upholstery brush. Then I used a terry towel to remove the residue. It worked out great for me. The owner was thrilled.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Since Il live close to you in Lewiston, one of my favorites is a 50/50 water/vinager solution with a white terry cloth towel to remove the solution. Don't rub it just blot it out. Also I have tried Folex and it works great also.

Comment

Salt can be as hard to remove as concrete, if it has time to adhere to fibers it's a pain to remove..
            Is it caked on...? or just white residue there's a huge difference in process removal....Joe
            Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
            ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
            (269)650-2242

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

One option would be to find a reputable detail shop that has professional carpet cleaning extractors and let them do it for you.

Takes all the work out of the process and puts the liability on them to do the job right the first time.

Seek one out, get a price, let them know your expectations and then let them do the job for you.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by dionnfr View Post
                Since Il live close to you in Lewiston, one of my favorites is a 50/50 water/vinager solution with a white terry cloth towel to remove the solution. Don't rub it just blot it out. Also I have tried Folex and it works great also.
                +1 for Vinegar. It dissolves mineral and locks in dye colors (gets rid of salt and won't discolor the carpet).

Kills odors too.
                Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I had them on my carpet also. I tried everything. Quick out removed most of it. I tried folex after that and it finished it off. It takes a lot of scrubbing.
                  If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

If it has set rock hard I use a mix of water and vinegar,,half and half, spray it well and let it sit for a while then I use my hot water extactor, it can take a while but its the best way to get salt stains out of carpets,

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');