• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I remove spray paint from car paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I remove spray paint from car paint

Some how I've gotten some white spray paint on my black 2007 Toyota
    Camry. Its very find but if you look close you can see the tiny tiny white
    spects. Question? can I get the stuff off the paint?

Jerry

Re: How can I remove spray paint from car paint

Is There Any Chance It Is Road Paint And Not Over Spray ?

Comment

try claying it

Comment

I would give claying a try. Or you could try a small test spot with body solvent. Just remember to wash and wax when finished.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

The least aggressive step would be claying, if you couldn't remove it try compound. if that also doesn't remove the over sprayed, you could use wet sand grit 2500/3000. I believe this last step is your last option.

Comment

Do a test spot. Try claying at 1st. If claying even with aggressive clay (red) then bodysolvent (other similar products).

Tim
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

Claying will get it off. I would suggest sooner than later. I got red overspray on my truck and clayed different panels over several weeks. It seemed that the panels that I did last were much harder to get the paint off of than the first ones I did. But claying will work. You may need to use some good pressure for some of the spots. At least I did.

Comment

Only use the following suggestion if its a factory finish. First, take you finger nail and see if the specks will pop off. If they do then you know the overspray hasn't bitten into the finish. If the finger nail method doesn't work then use Enamel Reducer from an automotive paint store but be sure to check a small spot like under a rocker panel. Go over the paint lightly and quickly to get the overspray off this is the method I used when working in a bodyshop and detailing shop. We just didn't have time to use the clay. But don't forget to test a spot first and don't rub hard on the spots. Try this method before using the clay, it may save you time.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');