• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a new black Road King w/ xzilon how to remove it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a new black Road King w/ xzilon how to remove it

Hello,
    I just purchased a new 08 Harley Road king that the previous owner had Harley put xzilon on it.

I have never heard of this stuff and suspect that it will harm the paint down the line.

So please does anyone know more about this stuff or how to safely remove it without hurting the paint

Thanks,
    John

Re: Just bought a new black Road King w/ xzilon how to remove it

Xzillion (like Cilajet and others) will not harm the paint as it is basically a "miracle" or "super" sealant meant to protect paint for many years. Some people love it and some people hate it thinking it to be a scam. Basically, the product is said to bond with paint providing a barrier like any other wax/sealant but in a superior way as to provide extended protection. Some dealers offer this as a $900-$1300 option.

If you wish to remove the Xzillion you can try a paint cleaner (ScratchX, #9, #80) which should remove the sealant.

Link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ection&spell=1

Comment

Will scratch x hurt the pain or clear coat in any way? Also is this easy to do by hand?

Thanks

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
      Xzillion (like Cilajet and others) will not harm the paint as it is basically a "miracle" or "super" sealant meant to protect paint for many years. Some people love it and some people hate it thinking it to be a scam. Basically, the product is said to bond with paint providing a barrier like any other wax/sealant but in a superior way as to provide extended protection. Some dealers offer this as a $900-$1300 option.

If you wish to remove the Xzillion you can try a paint cleaner (ScratchX, #9, #80) which should remove the sealant.

Link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ection&spell=1

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Comment

Francis,
          Well hello! I think Meguiars makes the best products, I have been using them for years on all my bikes!

John
          Originally posted by yalerd View Post
          Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Comment

Xzilon / What Meguiar products can I use on it.

I just bought 2008 Hd Road King w/900 mi, the original owner said that he had it applied to the bike at the time of purchase.

I know nothing of this stuff and am very leery, it supposed to be good for 5 years. In the meantime can I use Meguires detailer on this stuff? What do I wash it with?

Better yet how do I get the damn stuff off?

Tia,
            John

Comment

Re: Xzilon / What Meguiar products can I use on it.

Originally posted by jjr View Post
              I just bought 2008 Hd Road King w/900 mi, the original owner said that he had it applied to the bike at the time of purchase.

I know nothing of this stuff and am very leery, it supposed to be good for 5 years. In the meantime can I use Meguiar's detailer on this stuff? What do I wash it with?

Better yet how do I get the damn stuff off?

Tia,
              John
              Hi John,

I merged the above message into your original post on this topic as they are about the same...

Xzillion is some type of paint sealant that like many paint sealants on the market claims to be everything to everyone. If you like the way it looks then buy some more and maintain your bike with it.

If you want a simpler option, as in if you want to move to products you can buy anywhere and get the same or better results from then simply apply a paint cleaner like Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to the paint and then remove it, this will remove anything of the surface.

Now that you have a fresh base to work on, apply a coat of the wax you think you want to switch too, NXT Tech Wax would be our recommendation but you can choose and use whatever you like.

Keep in mind, as much as some companies want you to think their product puts an invisible force field around your car's paint that' just not the case, there is no such thing as a working miracle wax or paint sealant.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will scratch x hurt the pain or clear coat in any way? Also is this easy to do by hand?

Thanks
                No, not as long as you work clean, that means make sure the paint is washed and rinsed clean before starting and then only use clean, soft applicator pads and wiping cloths.

Apply gently like you would a skin lotion to your face and gently wipe off the residue. Then apply your choice of wax.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

This will help too...

Which products need to dry before removing?

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks,
                    Also using the NXT already on the other bikes, I have the paint cleaner on hand. The bike will be delivered next week and I will make my mind up then.

I would do it by hand do I have to rub the heck out of it or just like I was using regular polish.

John
                    Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    Hi John,

I merged the above message into your original post on this topic as they are about the same...

Xzillion is some type of paint sealant that like many paint sealants on the market claims to be everything to everyone. If you like the way it looks then buy some more and maintain your bike with it.

If you want a simpler option, as in if you want to move to products you can buy anywhere and get the same or better results from then simply apply a paint cleaner like Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to the paint and then remove it, this will remove anything of the surface.

Now that you have a fresh base to work on, apply a coat of the wax you think you want to switch too, NXT Tech Wax would be our recommendation but you can choose and use whatever you like.

Keep in mind, as much as some companies want you to think their product puts an invisible force field around your car's paint that' just not the case, there is no such thing as a working miracle wax or paint sealant.

Comment

Thanks,

I would do it by hand do I have to rub the heck out of it or just like I was using regular polish.

John
                      If you're just trying to remove a wax or paint sealant off the surface then a gentle application will do the job, no need to get all aggressive with it.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Also, pour some ScratchX or Deep Crystal onto your finger and feel it?

It feels like Jergens hand lotion, smooth and creamy, not like an old fashioned rubbing or polishing compound but it will still clean effectively without scratching.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');