• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curing time for NXT and NXT 2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing time for NXT and NXT 2.0?

Is there a curing time for NXT and NXT 2.0 wax just like UQD does?

Re: Curing time for NXT and NXT 2.0?

UQD is not a wax, it's a mist product that you spray into the surface and remove immediately, not benefit on leaving it sit.
    NXT is a wax, you have to let it cure before removing, the best way to find out if the wax has fully cured is by doing the The Swipe Test

Comment

Agree with Francis. UQD is meant to remove light dust, finger prints/smudges. Plus UQD has hydrophobic properties. Sheets water of the applied surface. But its not a wax product. BTW - UQD is a great product.

For the other fantastic product -NXT/NXT2.0 - do the swipe test. After applying thin and even layers of wax, give it 10-20 minutes. Then swipe you finger across it. If the swipe is clear (no smudging) then its ok to remove.

Hope this helps.

Tim
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

I think what he means is about the polymers being set up.

It does say on the back on the bottle of UQD that a 12 hour "cure time" before you can acheive "maximum hydrophobic protection". There's a post by Mike about this and it's really just about how theres no definite way to know when the polymers have been set up, so 12 hours is a good judgement.

NXT Cure Time
        1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by techjazz View Post
          I think what he means is about the polymers being set up
          If this is what he's meaning then there is really no exact time. They recommend 12 hours but it's basically to let the polymers set up to the maximum and being sure they have fully set up.
          Before the 12 hours you can go out in your car and everything, the real problem is water, if water touches the paint before it's fully cured then it will mess up the polymers by setting up
          Last edited by yalerd; Jul 9, 2008, 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Hi, sorry for not being 100% clear with my question. Techjazz is accurate with what i was asking.

UDQ recommend a max 12 hour curing time.... but since NXT is polymer based too, would the wax still require a max 12 hour curing time as well?

I think i'll go read Mike's comments on this. Thanks techjazz.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');