• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do to keep spiders out of the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do to keep spiders out of the garage?

What do you guys do to keep spiders out of your garage? I have some spidy issuses. Mainly because of my dad and his stuff everywhere. I just now went out in the garage and killed two black widows and a ginormous wolf spider. it would probably help if I can clean my dads stuff up too. I saw on TV the riddex does it really work or what other ways non chemically to get rid of them? I just see all of these cool garages and they are always clean.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: What do you guys do to keep spiders out of the garage?

I'm going to (BOMB) my garage 2 cans they wont stand a chance.....
    Spiders do serve a purpose, except they need to serve it somewhere else...
    Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Comment

Several years ago I bought (Costco) those little electronic plug-in transmitters for Pests. They were advertised for both insects and spiders. The one in the garage is still working. Another in the bathroom went on the blink and I am getting the occasional spider again.

Can't see seem to find them, that type may be obsolete.

Seemed to work well, especially if clayed, polished and NXT'd. The ocassional QD seemed to help with mice.
      Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
      by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
        I'm going to (BOMB) my garage 2 cans they wont stand a chance.....
        Spiders do serve a purpose, except they need to serve it somewhere else...
        I agree they serve a purpose but they will not serve it in my garage. I got my dad to set a date to clean his stuff up. that should help I convined my mom to get one of those plug in anti insect devices.
        Thanks for the replies
        Alex
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I'd Give Batman A Call I Heard There Very Tasty

Comment

I live in peace with them. I know not to reach anywhere I can't see first. I also don't walk through my garage in the dark.

Take a few precautions and you will be OK.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Spider-not - Order Spider-Not online. Contat us for further information

Works for months.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

We have a lot of Black Widows in our neck of the woods, they make their webs low to the ground out of the path of any traffic. They come out at night and wait for prey.

We use a flashlight to find them then we use a swim flipper to recycle them as the flipper portion of the swim flipper is flat and relatively large and heavy for the purpose we're using it for.

Want to live with creation in harmony but these things are creepy enough to remove when discovered.

We have Vinegaroons too and as scary and ugly as they are, because they're for the most part harmless, we'll usually catch them and then let them go somewhere in the backyard.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  We have Vinegaroons too and as scary and ugly as they are, because they're for the most part harmless, we'll usually catch them and then let them go somewhere in the backyard.
                  The thing I hate about them is that they'll chase you. We also have scorpions here which aren't too bad except if you get stung in a vein like a friend of mine, she was rushed to the hospital and was critical for a while because the venom went right into her blood stream.
                  too many cars, not enough time.....

Comment

The huge wolf spider that I found once it saw light it ran under my thunderbird and I did not want it to make a home in my car.
                    Alex
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Spiders are considered beneficial insects.....they feed on the really nasty bugs. Flies, roaches, silverfish...... Just cleaning up the clutter will probably get rid of them. Just be careful where you put your hands.
                      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

I tend to follow SVT Lightning suggestion. For the most part, I try not to harm Spiders as they serve a greater purpose in limiting bugs in my shed. However, we have our share of Brown Recluse spiders and the occasional Black Widow that I make an exception of my rule. Also, we have Cave Crickets that look like they feast on your blood but are harmless. I am going to install Bat boxes on some of my tall trees in back part of my property to help lower the flying insect problem.

Comment

We get no joke a half dozen a day in our livingroom on the edge of the ceiling
                          01 Tacoma 4x4 X/C V6 Imperial Jade

"Oh, oh Marty, here's you keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight"
                          Biff Tannen

Comment

Spiders and those vinegaroons are freaky enough for me guys. My father-in-law had a bad run in with a spider once. Almost lost a toe. Do not care for them since.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');