• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugs!!!! I hate Bugs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs!!!! I hate Bugs!!!

I have had a problem getting the bugs off my front bumper lately. I have tried bug and tar remover and several other options. I recall my dad using WD-40 on the chrome front bumper. However, I do not know if this would work on paint. I am pretty sure it would work, but I wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone knows for sure.
    Robert- 2004 Mustang GT, Black, "My second full-time Job"

Re: Bugs!!!! I hate Bugs!!!

To remove bugs that didnt come off in a normal wash I use clay and QD. Always wax after using clay.

If you keep a good coat of wax on that front(I like to use UQD after each wash on the front) the bugs will come off easier. Also, try to get them off as soon as you can.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

To make removing dried bug splatter easy and fast you need to first soften or re-liquefy the bug splatter. You usually can't do this by simply spraying some water onto the bumper as the water will simply run off.

Here's another method that actually works pretty well but it's not as fast as spraying some water onto the bumper... Just plan out your cleaning regimen to include the below idea and after placing the wet cloth on the affected areas go have a cup of coffee or a cold refreshment while the water does it's job.

Bugs Bugs and more Bugs

Take a wash rag and saturate it with water or your car wash solution.

Place the wet wash rag on top of the dried bug splatter and allow it to sit for a few minutes. A variation of this would be to use warm/hot water.

To speed up the process, apply some gentle pressure while drinking a cold soft drink and if need be, hum or whistle a little diddy.

Another variation of this would be to apply some Meguiar's Bug and Tar Remover to the wet wash rag before applying it to the dried bug splatter.

After a few minutes have passed give the area a gentle wipe-off and the bug splatter should remove easily. Then either wash the car as normal or wipe the area down with a quick detailer.

A variation of the above but for a larger area would be to use a larger cloth such as a bath towel. Saturate a clean, soft 100% cotton towel with water and place it over the affected area.

Allow the wet towel to sit for a short period of time and then remove the towel and wash as normal or wipe the area down with a quick detailer.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wet you bumper and then wet a dryer sheet --Bounce and Downey sheets work top excellent. Bugs will wipe right off. Then proceed with your normal washing. I haven't notice that it depletes the wax protection; still seems to bead as before.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');