• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this clearcoat failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this clearcoat failure?

Hi,
    This is my first post in this forum, I want to thank all the Meguiars people for creating such wonderful products.My problem is that as you can see in the pictures below the paint is not in good condition in some parts of the car.

What can be the problem, clearcoat failure or something different?I read some articles about clearcoat problem and I know that the only solution is repaint the area.

Re: Is this clearcoat failure?

That look like clear coat failure in those pics unfortunately as you've stated there no real easy fix other than a respray.
    The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Yeah it looks like clear coat is starting to fail so the best thing to do is to repaint the part.

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol. Sorry to agree with the others. It looks like it is clear coat failure.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks like it. It will only get worse and will eventually cloud under the clear before finally starting to flake. Sorry. I have a TransAm that has horrible CC failure, waiting for a new garage before I get it repainted.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Thanks for the replies , I will be waiting for the repaint job then.

Comment

Just to chime in with the rest of the posts... that is clear coat failure and there's nothing that can be done to fix it except to repaint the car or at least the affected areas.

For everyone that ever reads this thread into the future...

The Clearcoat Failure Archive

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');