• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing plates!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing plates!!

I would really like to see Meguiar's design and produce a backing plate for PC and rotary (PC mainly) that is beveled at the edges such as the one in this photo...

Every backing plate I've had, Meguiar's or Lake Country, has cut into Meg's 8006 and 9006 pads due to the smaller velcro backing...

I can only assume the design wouldn't be hard and I'm sure there will be a demand for them, as many are unhappy with the pads being cut from the back. A backing plate similar to the design of the new rotary backing plates (with the grey foam) but maybe with foam being the beveled surface coming out of the sides of velcro on the backing pad...
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Re: Backing plates!!

Just to add to this, I think the W66 backing plate is the best I've ever tried (didn't try the popular and expensive 3M one, but I've heard it's similar) and I think it would be nice to see it in a smaller size... maybe for 3" pads and for 5" pads...
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');