• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

endurance tire gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• endurance tire gel

I detailed my dads car last night and decided to use the endurance tire gel for the first time. I got the kit that has the appliactor with it. I applied about two coats on each tire and they look great at the time. The next day there was no shine. They looked very dull. Did I not put enough on? It says on the box it last for weeks. I did a search on the forum and everyone praised it. It sure did smell good though. Just about all the other megs products I used on the car had great results. Any information would be appreciated about the gel. Thanks

Re: endurance tire gel

I have had the same experience. I switched to Hot Shine spray and it seems to last longer but not as long as I'd like.

Comment

How did you clean your tire before you applied Endurance Tire Gel?

Comment

In my experiance, if the tires are not properly cleaned the finish does not last. Maybe that was your problem?
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there are two formulas of Endurance tire gel. The one with the applicator is a low gloss forumula. It lasts a long time. This is shown by the water shooting off the tires when sprayed with a hose.

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            How did you clean your tire before you applied Endurance Tire Gel?
            I rinsed them off hard with the hose before doing each tire. I guess it's possible they were not clean enough to apply the gel. Since I have nearly a full bottle left i'll double the coats next time and get the tires even cleaner before hand. It says on the box to add more for a more glossy shine.

Comment

Originally posted by sndguy View Post
              I have had the same experience. I switched to Hot Shine spray and it seems to last longer but not as long as I'd like.
              I have a can of the hot shine spray. I love the stuff but the only downside is I have to use it in my garage or it will badly stain the blacktop driveway. But besides that it leaves an excellent shine.

Comment

Originally posted by moparboy View Post
                I rinsed them off hard with the hose before doing each tire.
                Water on it's own won't clean the tires 100% so I suggest getting something like APC to clean them well.

Comment

Originally posted by moparboy View Post
                  I rinsed them off hard with the hose before doing each tire. I guess it's possible they were not clean enough to apply the gel. Since I have nearly a full bottle left i'll double the coats next time and get the tires even cleaner before hand. It says on the box to add more for a more glossy shine.
                  As a long time fan of Endurance I just had to chime in. Rinsing the tires off isn't really going to clean them. I suggest using some APC+ or Westley's Bleche-Wite. I thoroughly clean my tires and then apply the Endurance (usually just one coat) and it lasts about two weeks or so.

If you get the tires good & clean before applying the Endurance I think you will not only be surprised by how much crud is removed from the tires but also by how nice the end result is.

Comment

Like others have said, you're probably not getting everything off of the dirty tires. You have to degrease them and scrub with a tire brush to get all the dirt off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooz View Post
                      As a long time fan of Endurance I just had to chime in. Rinsing the tires off isn't really going to clean them. I suggest using some APC+ or Westley's Bleche-Wite. I thoroughly clean my tires and then apply the Endurance (usually just one coat) and it lasts about two weeks or so.

If you get the tires good & clean before applying the Endurance I think you will not only be surprised by how much crud is removed from the tires but also by how nice the end result is.
                      I also love endurance along with Hot tire shine gel.

Ive used Westley's Bleche-Wite since I was a kid, Ive yet to find anything better than it is. Spray that on a wet tire then scrub it with a brush. Make sure you do not inhale it or get it on the paint or rims. If you do rinse it all as soon as possible.
                      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I use the Meguiar's High Endurance Gloss Tire Gel and I really like it alot. Works great and it shines up the car tire pretty well. I usually use a dedicated tire brush first to wash the tires. Then I would dress the tire with the product afterwards and the tires shine.

Try using a tire brush and see if that helps.

Comment

Water along will do close to nothing. My bet is that is your issue. Either that, or the tires were REALLY thirsty...or a combo of the two.

Comment

I've heard that Westley's is really, really strong. An APC like Simple Green or Meguiar's APC/APC+ 4:1 (Heavy Duty) and a tire brush works excellent on everything for me. 10:1 doesn't seem to work the best all of the time, so I have been sticking with 4:1.

Comment

I agree with the other posters. I have had good results using Endurance. The key, in my opinion is starting with a good clean tire, then follow the instructions. I have never used the one that comes with the applicator, but doubt there is any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');