• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about waxing after claying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about waxing after claying

I just got done claying my vehicle and I can't believe how great it feels when you run your fingers across it. It's smooth has glass. Anyway how often should you clay your vehicle's and should I apply another coat of wax after each claying.

Re: Question about waxing after claying

Well, I would say any average car would could use twice a year at least, but you cna clay as often as you like.

If you drive past someone spraying paint you might be claying again tomorrow, so it all depends.

And yes, claying can remove at least some, if not all wax, so it is best to at least wax after, even if not doing a full process.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I clay twice a year.

But it really depends on how you treat your car, how exposed is it to contaminants if you go to a body shop to fix something.

Comment

When you wash your car and run your hand across it after it's dried and feel surface contaminents, roughness and bumps on the paints surface, it is time to clay the surface again. How often will, like others said, depend on what the car is exposed to.

I always wax after claying the cars surface to protect it since the clay does remove the wax already there. You went through all the work of claying the vehicle you want to lock that in and protect it so it stays nice and smooth as long as possible.

Comment

As with most things there is no hard and fast rule. Like the others have said it all depends on what your car has been exposed to. But on the minimum end of the spectrum. I would say at least twice ayear. More if needed.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');