• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Should I Apply Meguiars Synthetic Sealant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Should I Apply Meguiars Synthetic Sealant?

im gonna purchase number 21 synthetic sealant but i wanna know what would be the best way to apply it because i never done it myself? i always had a professional detail shop apply stuff like that for me with a buffer...

Re: How Should I Apply Meguiars Synthetic Sealant?

You could apply it by hand or by machine. Work it into the paint, apply it thin, let it dry (using the swipe test method to see if it is dry) and remove. If you can, put a second coat on it, 12 hours later.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

It can be applied easily by hand, just applying thin coats with a Hi-Tec Foam Applicator. 2 thin coats is best.

If you have never done much detailing before, it is meant to be used on a prepped surface, that means some kind of cleaning/polishing steps done first. If you wanted to keep it easy for yourself, using a cleaner/wax first followed up with the #21 would be a nice easy detail for you.

Of course there is always more you can do, but its up to you how far you want to go. Here are a few links you can read over just incase you are new to detailing.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
      Step 1 Wash
      Step 2 Clean
      Step 3 Polish
      Step 4 Protect
      Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If the surface is not properly prepared you will not see the maximum results of the product. Read over the links Murr supplied you with. Ask some questions. Then you can go from there.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I agree with all the advice above, but would also add that once you go through the proper prep cycle and finish with #21, you can reapply #21 after a simple wash/dry as long as the vehicle has been washed regularly. I'll do the full detail in the Spring and again in late Fall, with one or two intermediate wax-only (#21) jobs in between.

I think at a minimum I would precede #21 with clay and Cleaner/Wax (or Color X) in the Spring and refresh the #21 along with regular washing for the duration.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');