• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meguiar's #16 over klasse sealant glaze ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meguiar's #16 over klasse sealant glaze ?

so far I have:

washed with dawn
    Clay bar'd
    washed
    Klasse AIO
    Klasse Sealant Glaze x2 coats

now for my wax topper I have bought a can of #16 after reading some great reviews on it. I have used mother pure carnauba wax before onto of Klasse SG with decent effects.

has anyone here used m#16 it ontop of klasse SG? I have read that Klasse is kinda finiky if you dont use a carnauba, and im not sure if #16 would even work?

I apply everything by hand also im just looking for some thoughts and replies

Thanks

oh yea, my car is white in color , so if you also have any other recommendations for a wax that would work well with championship white please tell =) (white cars are kinda a pain to wax, Im rubber-necking the whole time to see if i have removed everything =( )

Re: meguiar's #16 over klasse sealant glaze ?

i have tried other waxes over klasse, like AG High definition,Megs Gold Class Liquid wax with nice results...I guess it is how it looks to you...If you like it use it,if not stay with the product you like most...I think that Klasse Glaze it's good enough by itself so you will not need to add something else at least for protection....But as i said,it matters how do you like it or not...
    Hope that help
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Klasse SG is a strange product, most of what you read about it will tell you to apply a very thin coat and then wipe it off immediately because if you don't you'll have to scrape it off.

This is the origin of where the acronym WOWO came from near as I can tell...

WOWO - Wipe On Wipe Off

Having a white car you're going to have to really look hard to make sure you get all the Klasse SG off the paint.

We've been posting,

"Find something you like and use it often"

Since about 1994 and thinks that's the best approach for people when choosing a wax to maintain their car's finish, so if you like the Klasse product by all means use it.

As for applying a "Topper" here's an article that goes over some tips for doing this, while the thread is about NXT the suggestions would apply to applying ANY wax or paint sealant over ANY other wax or paint sealant, it kind of gives you some "common sense" ideas as to how to go about topping.

Topping NXT aka "How to top one type of wax with a different type of wax

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Having a white car you're going to have to really look hard to make sure you get all the Klasse SG off the paint.
        Yea I found a couple klasse spot the next day and it took some real elbow grease to take them out. I urge this when using SG now.. thin thin thin.

I like the protection of Klasse but the look / smoothness of a wax.

for example, after I use klasse I take a sheet of paper and throw it on the hood, it doesnt slide off quickly or at all. But, after I wax the paper flies off the hood like the car isn't even there.'

Comment

I used the Klasse SG before the winter last year. I wiped it on and left it on. It lasted all winter which impressed me since my truck makes trips 200 miles north every weekend to snowmobile. I tried using it at the start of the summer with the wipe on wipe off method, needless to say I will NEVER do it again. When I went over it with NXT wax it took the SG right off
          If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Mike's mantra "Find something you like and use it often" is absolutely spot on I am a big fan of the Klasse products (albeit, mine are branded as Car-Lack68, so my Nano Systematic Care is the Klasse AIO and Longlife Sealant is the SG) and I have used #16 on top ... and I have a white car ... and I can confirm this is "a good thing to do".

Work the AIO in really hard with a microfibre or terry pad spritzed with a little QD. Meg's #135 is quite frankly my favourite QD for all sorts of things at the moment and while this particular QD is not suitable as a clay lube, or for lubrication generally, it plays well with the Klasse/Car-Lack68 products in my experience. The point of working it hard is to really cleanse the paint - don't use a filler polish beforehand. Having worked the AIO in quite hard and worked it until is practically disappears, go away for half an hour. At this point it bonds to the paint and does its magic. You can top with the sealant glaze, but do wipe on and wipe off straight away ... with a little #135 (or UQD) on the the pad to assist. Make sure it is all buffed off really well and go round the car two or three times to make sure.

Next, the good stuff ... Meg's #16

This was is great on all sorts of finishes, but I think it really comes into its own on lighter colours, so white and metallic silvers are just right. It seems to add a little final sheen to white which is just right. Spit shine a couple of coats on, or wait a few hours after the first coat, QD and pop another coat on. You'll be set there

I used that combo, but with Collinite wax on both of our cars each late Autumn/Winter for the last couple of years. I'll be using #16 this year for my usual winter prep ... not that's there is anything wrong with it for any other time of the year and it is certainly my most preferred wax for my white car at the moment. For the summer months, it sits on a couple of Chemical Guys products that I enjoy on my white car.

I use #26 on our black car ... perhaps someone can answer a little question that is developing in my head, which I'm sure you will find interesting, too. Regarding white carnauba and yellow carnauba ... and bleached yellow carnauba: Given that #26 is sold as a "yellow" wax, we presume premium yellow carnauba which lends a real warmth to darker colours, but can mute lighter colours ... #16 seems much more suited to lighter colours and is not at all yellow (in fact, it's blue). Is there anything in my little theory that yellow is more suited to dark and white/bleached for lighter colours? Or is wax formulation quite simply a lot more complicated than that?

Comment

Thanks very much for the detailed answer Orca

Just a quick question, why the QD between the m#16 coats?
              Is it just because you park outside and want to start with a clean dust free surface when you start your next coat an hour or two later?

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod918 View Post
                Thanks very much for the detailed answer Orca

Just a quick question, why the QD between the m#16 coats?
                Is it just because you park outside and want to start with a clean dust free surface when you start your next coat an hour or two later?
                My pleasure ... sorry, yes, I should clarify that last point. My cars are kept outside and on a main road which can get quite busy, so yes, as you summised - it is to start with a fresh, dust-free surface. Just the other day, I was reminded why I (should) do this when I watched myself draw a little spiral on my boot/trunkThank goodness for ScratchX, which did just the job I needed it to at the time on a little localised scratch.

I have got into the practice of using a little QD pretty much with every light buffing ... certainly after leaving the car overnight. If you keep your car on a private driveway, or better still in a garage, just give the surface a light wipe with a deep pie microfibre or terry towel and then proceed with the next layer of wax. I just spritz a little QD over as a matter of course.

Have fun ...

Comment

No need for dawn. Just get a good auto wash.
                  ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');