• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pad should I use with A12 cleaner wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pad should I use with A12 cleaner wax?

It's a polish = 8006 pad
    It's a wax = 9006 pad

Which one? Are there really any noticeable differences depending on which pad is used?

I plan to top with NXT 1.0, with a 9006 pad obviously.

Thanks.
    It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Re: Which pad should I use with A12 cleaner wax?

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post
    It's a polish = 8006 pad
    It's a wax = 9006 pad

Which one? Are there really any noticeable differences depending on which pad is used?

I plan to top with NXT 1.0, with a 9006 pad obviously.

Thanks.
    I use the 8006 for A12, ColorX and NXT. I apply all waxes like I would apply a polish -- always have, always will.

Tom

Comment

Maybe I'm really missing something here, but your statement seems contradictory.

You apply waxes like you would a polish and you always use an 8006?

Most people would apply wax using a 9006 pad and polish using an 8006.
      It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Since A12 Cleaner Wax is a cleaner/wax (jaja) you can apply it using your W8006 or W9006. If you use your W8006 pad then you'll have a little more cleaning ability and a little more bit removing light defects. If you use your W9006 you'll have less cleaning ability and it will be like applying a normal wax.

Comment

Because NXT has slight cleaning ability, I use an 8006 pad to add to this mild cleaning ability. I maintain my vehicles very well. Both of my trucks are garaged overnight and because I live in a rural area, I have very few pollutants to contend with (just dust and mud). I usually do not use a polish before applying NXT. Every once in a while I will substitute A12 or ColorX for NXT.

When I use a polish like Meguiar's #80, I still use the 8006 pad to apply the last product being used -- sealant of carnauba wax. Over the many years (almost 50 of them) that I have been messin' with waxes and polishes I have tended to apply almost all products in the same manner. This IMO insures excellent coverage.

I know this is not recommended by the folks at Mequiar's but it works for me.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            Since A12 Cleaner Wax is a cleaner/wax (jaja) you can apply it using your W8006 or W9006. If you use your W8006 pad then you'll have a little more cleaning ability and a little more bit removing light defects. If you use your W9006 you'll have less cleaning ability and it will be like applying a normal wax.
            This is the sme thinking that I use. It works wonders for me.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');