• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Car Wash

will this strip off the wax if I used this to wash my car?

Re: Gold Class Car Wash

nope
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

All Meguiar's Car Washes are non-detergent and are actually formulated to clean paint while not being a harsh washing solution and if fact the higher end car washes will tend to enhance paint with conditioners which is a catch-all term which means the chemists aren't going to tell us what's inside our products.

That said, anytime something comes into contact with the surface of your car's paint the potential exists for that something to micro-abrade the coating of protection on the surface just because of the fact that it's "touching" the coating.

Paint protectants, that is a car wax or a paint sealant, are Sacrificial Barrier Coatings, they sacrifice themselves so your paint doesn't have to, the idea being as they wear off you and I can go out into our garage and apply more to replace what has worn off.

You and I cannot easily go out into our garage and add more paint, but we can add more car wax. Thats part of the idea behind a sacrificial barrier coating and the philosophy of "Maintaining a finish" Owning a car and maintaining a finish is not a one time thing unless after you wash and then wax the car you park it in a garage, cover it with a soft blanket and then close the door and never drive it again.

That preserves everything but kind of takes the fun out of owning the car.

We make some great car wash soaps... people that use our car wash soaps swear by them and some of them have been around for DECADES!

Here's an example of how a quality car wash can actually condition paint...

From this thread,

Blast from the Past! - The dead brought back to life!

The above Mercedes-Benz has sat out in the SoCal sun for over a year since losing it's covered garage parking space to antique furniture. We don't know what it looked like before it was moved outside but since that time, as you can see by the areas of the finish that have turned white, the finish has greatly deteriorated through oxidation. This is a single stage paint.

Here's the finish after only washing the car with a Meguiar's car wash soap.

Those are real results. Of course single stage paints in horrible condition will show the conditioning effect better than any clear coated finish because of the resin type of the paint and the kinds of different problems the different paint types have, (single stage paints oxidize while the biggest problem with clear coat paints are that the swirl and scratch easily), the point is our car washes are formulated to clean safely and our company's track record is one of making products that help you create and maintain beautiful finishes.

Gold Class Car Wash and NXT Car Wash are bot top shelf car washes, Gold Class is our best conditioning wash and NXT offers lots of sudsing action and that's because lots of people really like to see lots of suds when they wash their car, it's psychological thing.

Hope this helps... for what it's worth I like NXT Car Wash because I like to see the suds when I wash a car.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
        nope
        Note to self... need to learn the art of short copy writing...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We love your long detailed answers Mike! I actually wish I could write as well as you.

For now I keep it short and sweet.
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

That makes two of us!

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
              We love your long detailed answers Mike! I actually wish I could write as well as you.
              Agreed!
              Those long detailed answers always says the "theory" behind the answer

Comment

We all appreciate your answers Mike. They cover all possobilities and give us a proper starting and ending place when we put into practice what you have taught us.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wordy good. Short bad.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                    Wordy good. Short bad.

That's funny!

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

A late post, but GC is the gold standard of washes as far as I'm concerned. I've got one of those old Benz SL's with single stage paint. ALSO, I no longer buy any "foaming" products for the foam gun that I bought - one day I tried a couple of ounces of GC because I'd run out of the other stuff, and it actually put out more foam and stayed slick longer than the specialty foam product. It's also all I use on our '06 Mini Cooper S - GC along with the Meg's spray wax is enough to keep it looking new. Outstanding.
                      Kevin
                      Overland Park, KS USA
                      1987 MB 560SL
                      2003 MB ML320
                      2006 Mini Cooper S

Comment

Originally posted by karburn View Post
                        GC along with the Meg's spray wax is enough to keep it looking new. Outstanding.
                        Just an FYI if case- it is still recommended to use a regular wax and use the spray wax to maintain that.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');