• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduce yourself in this forum, but please ask your questions in Detailing 101

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce yourself in this forum, but please ask your questions in Detailing 101

Introduce yourself in this forum, but please ask your questions in Detailing 101 or another forum out of this selection.

List 'O Forums

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Not trying to be hard on any of our new members, but this forum is to "Introduce yourself to the community, not ask how to or product related questions. If we start answering questions in this forum then it becomes a the Detailing 101 forum.

Make sense?

Here's the link to the Detailing 101 forum which is a great catch-all forum and if you don't know which of other forums to post your questions then Detailing 101 is always perfectly acceptable

Detailing 101

Simply copy and paste your above questions and start a new thread in the above Detailing 101 question.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Introduce yourself in this forum, but please ask your questions in Detailing 101

HI,MY NAME IS TERRY AND IM FROM PORTSMOUTH VA.IM LOOKING FORWARD TO CHATTING ABOUT CAR CARE AND LEARNING SOME VALUABLE INFOMATION ON HOW TO DO SO AND HOPEFULY MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS IN THE PROCESS.

Comment

Re: Introduce yourself in this forum, but please ask your questions in Detailing 101

Hi Terry,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Here's a friendly tip...

Turn the CAPS key off when typing to people whether it's an e-mail or a post to a forum, it has the appearance as though you're YELLING at us.

We know you're not yelling at us, it just looks like that to everyone that reads your writing.

Also, when introducing yourself, the idea is to "Start your own thread", not tag onto this thread or some other existing thread.

We keep "Pictures" at the bottom of the forum homepage which is www.meguiarsonline.com that shows how to do 3 things,

Start a thread
      Reply to a thread
      Navigate a thread

Here's the information and picture for how to start your own thread.

If you want to start a new thread, then click to the appropriate forum by clicking here and selecting the forum that best describes what your topic will be about and then look for the button on the left hand side of the page that says, New Thread and click on it. You'll see a place to type in your Subject and below that a message box that you can type your message into. After you're finished with your message, click on the Submit New Thread button and your message will be posted to the forum.

Just a few friendly tips that will help you on any forum you ever join.

Again... welcome!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mike and all,

Southern Maine Saab owner here, where cars can take beating from the elements.

I bought NXT wax based on many unbiased reviews. During my first application, I was impressed with the shine, however, when I ran my hand over the surface, it felt gritty.

After researching that problem, VOILA, up pops Mike's video demonstrating Meguiar's Clay on a brand new Silverado.

So, I decided to join this site and forums to learn from all of you.

Thanks for being here,
        -Bob

Comment

Hi I am Mark. I have a new Mazda MX-5 PRHT and I am looking for tips on keeping the car looking like new.

Comment

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. Although I do not "detail" as an occupation.... I seem to keep busy on my own equipment. My current project is a 40' Mountain Aire fifthwheel that spent the winter in Kelso, Washington. Now that summer has arrived it's time to do some cleaning. I'll post as I come to the different issues. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              .....Also, when introducing yourself, the idea is to "Start your own thread", not tag onto this thread or some other existing thread.....

Originally posted by BobKat View Post
              Hi Mike and all,

Southern Maine Saab owner here, where cars can take beating from the elements.

I bought NXT wax based on many unbiased reviews. During my first application, I was impressed with the shine, however, when I ran my hand over the surface, it felt gritty.

After researching that problem, VOILA, up pops Mike's video demonstrating Meguiar's Clay on a brand new Silverado.

So, I decided to join this site and forums to learn from all of you.

Thanks for being here,
              -Bob
              Originally posted by stormy blue View Post
              Hi I am Mark. I have a new Mazda MX-5 PRHT and I am looking for tips on keeping the car looking like new.
              Originally posted by Hobo Hilton View Post
              Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. Although I do not "detail" as an occupation.... I seem to keep busy on my own equipment. My current project is a 40' Mountain Aire fifthwheel that spent the winter in Kelso, Washington. Now that summer has arrived it's time to do some cleaning. I'll post as I come to the different issues. Thanks again.

We welcome you two to the forum, but start your own new thread, this post is merrily an information post. A lot of people may miss the chance to see your introduction as a result.

Start a new thread in the "Introduce Yourself" part of the forum.

Thanks.
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Hello I'm bio-tech and I need help to remove sctatches on my Benz R350. I love to go to Thursday night garage class and learn how to use machine and other tips. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bio-tech View Post
                  Hello I'm bio-tech and I need help to remove scratches on my Benz R350. I love to go to Thursday night garage class and learn how to use machine and other tips. Thanks.

Hi Bio-tech,

Discussion forums can be a little confusing when you first start out but you'll get the hang of it.

If you want to attend a Thursday Night Class you need to select one that you want to go to and the "Reply" to that thread.

They're Back!
                  Thursday Night "Open Garage" schedule for 2008!

July
                  Thursday, July 10th Sign-up Thread
                  Thursday, July 24th Sign-up Thread

August
                  Thursday, August 7th Sign-up Thread
                  Thursday, August 21st Sign-up Thread

September
                  Thursday, September 4th Sign-up Thread
                  Thursday, September 18th Sign-up Thread

October
                  Thursday, October 2nd Sign-up Thread
                  Thursday, October 16th Sign-up Thread
                  Thursday, October 30th Sign-up Thread

This thread was just a friendly tip for people new to forums to get them to only post a new thread in this forum group to introduce themselves and to start their own thread listing their questions in a forum like Detailing 101 and not include them in their "Introduction" thread.

Make sense?
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just popped in to say Hello!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');