• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf Life ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf Life ?

Is there a shelf life for the 80 series line of products ?

The reason I am asking is that I have noticed that my two year old bottle of #82 in my dispenser bottle has becomed very liquid and some gooey residue is settling on the bottom. No amount of shaking will get it to remix with the liquid to the same creamy consistancy. I literally had to use a spatula to scrape it off the bottom to dump it out.

Re: Shelf Life ?

Meguiar's products have a shelf life of 3-5 years as long as they are not exposed to extreme heat or freezing temperatures. If in doubt of the product, that is after shaking it really well you don't see a uniform consistency and a uniform appearance then contact Customer Care and see what they can do.

1-800-347-5700

Give them a call, cite this thread, they'll make sure you're taken care of.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

My #82 just bit the dust too. Maybe its #82 or a bad batch, but I have much older stuff that is still fine. This #82 turned to milk after about a year and a half. It was not frozen as I keep a digital thermometer in my detailing cabinet and the lowest temp recorded has been 46 degrees.

Comment

I had problems with M80, give customer service a call. they will take care of you.

Also, give your products a shake once in a while. I find myself doing that and pretty routine too. Don't want our stuff going bad if you don't use it for a while.
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by yakky View Post
          It was not frozen as I keep a digital thermometer in my detailing cabinet and the lowest temp recorded has been 46 degrees.
          Best thing to do would be to call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700 and if you can, please provide this information via our forum here,

Anyone having a problem with M82 turning watery, or any product quality issues, please share this with Meguiar's via the online form in the link below.

Posting about it on this discussion forum is great but if you want your experience to be known to management then PLEASE use the link below to and send your thoughts directly to management AND your information will be entered into a database that is tracked. That's the key word here, tracked. The database alerts management of spikes in product related issues and results in top priority action taking place.

Information on this discussion forum doesn't get tracked in a database like information sent to Meguiar's via the online form.

Thank you and here's the link...

Contact Meguiar's

The above link can also be found under Site Navigation in the third column of the forum homepage.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Best thing to do would be to call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700 and if you can, please provide this information via our forum here,

Anyone having a problem with M82 turning watery, or any product quality issues, please share this with Meguiar's via the online form in the link below.
            I don't think it would be fair to ask for a product replacement as I bought it in the 12oz sample size from ADS. I know Meguiars stands behind their products, that is why my entire arsenal is near 100% Meguiars.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');