• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ColorX and Tree Sap?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColorX and Tree Sap?????

will ColorX remove little dots of Tree sap from my car's paint finish? I'm working with my hands. I parked under a tree today and when I got home I decided to use Ultimate Spray Detailer, when I was done wiping the whole car, I looked closely at my paints finish and saw little dots that were smeared. they were very tiny dots of tree sap (less then 1mm). I know ColorX is a paint cleaner, I wanted to know if ColorX can remove these little tree sap dots.

p.s. I sprayed a couple little tree sap dots with the Ultimate Spray detailer and it came off pretty easy with a few swipes of the micro fiber towel.

Re: ColorX and Tree Sap?????

I'd clay first.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try washing your car with a good car shampoo and warm water. That might do the job if the sap is still fresh.

Sometimes a cleaner wax like ColorX with remove tree sap, sometimes it won't.

I've used clay, mineral spirits, alcohol, bug and tar remover, painting prep solvent and lacquer thinner with varying degrees of success. More than once I ended up using my thumbnail -- ouch.

Tom

Comment

whats stronger to use, ColorX cleaner or Clay Bar kit??????

Comment

Clay bar
          Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Its not really stronger, they do different things.

Have you clayed at all before?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try this first then the ColorX.

It works!

Kelly
              MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Seriously, try washing it really well before going to clay. Shoot, you have to wash it before clay anyhow.

Sort of related to this. I just gave my daughter's Tacoma a very quick detail. (She washes it about once a month.) It probably should have been clayed, but I didn't have the time. I used ColorX with a pc set at 4 and the finish came out as smooth as a "baby's behind".

Tom

Comment

I had the same exact issue and a simple car wash did the trick. All of the tree sap washed off. The sap was on the car for about 1 week before I washed it off.

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
                    Seriously, try washing it really well before going to clay. Shoot, you have to wash it before clay anyhow.
                    Tom

I agree, besides you said, "I sprayed a couple little tree sap dots with the Ultimate Spray detailer and it came off pretty easy with a few swipes of the micro fiber towel."

So I would think a good washing would do the trick. If you still need to then clay or if you just want to clay and wax then that would be good too.

Comment

I would agree. Try washing first. Then if not satisfied go to the clay.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');