• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products Suggestions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products Suggestions Needed

For about 90% of the cars I detail, people treat their interiors like trash. On the few that actually take care of their interiors, Quik Detailer and NXT Glass Cleaner is all that is needed. However, this does nothing to the majority of the cars I clean. I need suggestions on what products work best for heavy cleaning of various plastic/vinyl materials along with various fabric cleaners to get those stains out. I could use suggestions on applicators as well. Thanks.

Re: Products Suggestions Needed

You can consider on having APC+, you can use it on leather, vinyl, rubber, carpets, you name it but for vinyl I always use a dedicated product, I use #40 Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner great product and I like how it leaves the surface.
    This is an interior job that I did a couple of weeks ago, just with these products you can get excellent results Detail: 2007 Hyundai SantaFe (interior)

Comment

All I really use on the interiors is: apc, apc+ and #40. These items will clean and protect just about anything I have come across on the interior.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I assume #39 could be of some value to a heavily neglected interior.

Comment

#39 would be good as well, but APC/APC+ can do a lot more, including the cloth/leather/wheelweels/tires, etc...
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. In terms of application, will I be fine with terry cloth or MF towels? If so, I don't know what it is, but I sort of feel bad using Meguiar's MF to get all dirty cleaning these kinds of cars. I feel their home is on the exterior of the car. Is there any less expensive (still decent quality) MF that would work well on a neglected interior?

Comment

I use the Target Vroom brand on my interiors, glass, etc.

Also have found some very nice GE brand ones at Big Lots.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by lancerplayer View Post
                Thanks for the suggestions, guys. In terms of application, will I be fine with terry cloth or MF towels? If so, I don't know what it is, but I sort of feel bad using Meguiar's MF to get all dirty cleaning these kinds of cars. I feel their home is on the exterior of the car. Is there any less expensive (still decent quality) MF that would work well on a neglected interior?
                For applying and removing dressings to vinyl and leather you could even use cotton wash rags which you can buy inexpensively and easily re-wash and re-use.

Microfibers are great for paint because they're more gentle to the surface, but leather and vinyl doesn't scratch like paint so usually some scrubbing action and absorbing action are good features and cotton provides these types of features.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have started to like foam (more for dressing) or terry (for extra bite on cleaning) applicators when applying cleaners or dressings on interiors. It just seems easier to control where it goes and regulate how much you put in. I have stopped spraying surfaces since it never goes where I want. Then buff with a towel.
                  Al
                  ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

For the cleaning, I like to use a terry towel. To apply dressings a even coat applicator is my weapon of choice.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');