• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highway Line Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Line Paint

Detailed a friends car today, but was unable to remove splatters of highway line paint on one side - it's on the lower door (painted) and the rocker panel (textured plastic.) I tried clay, Scratch-X, and Goo-Gone on the door, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Other than that, the detail had good results; wash with GC, clay, Scratch-X on the scratches all around, DC-1, Cleaner Wax, topped off with NXT 1.0 (wanted to use the rest of the NXT 1.0 I had left.) Used GC Trim Detailer on the textured black rocker panels and other black plastic and rubber surfaces - worked great! Sorry, no pics.

Thanks.

Re: Highway Line Paint

You might try mineral spirits or denatured alcohol on the paint. You might try the same stuff on the textured plastic too but find a hidden place to test it. Regardless of what you use, it's slow goin'.

Lacquer thinner is another option but be careful.

Tom

Comment

Re: Highway Line Paint

I had the same issue on my car. That kind of paint is pretty tenacious. The only thing that would touch it was Paint Thinner (mineral spirits) and a Q-tip. I must have removed 200 individual spots! It took me forever but the car looks great.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');