• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing stickers/decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing stickers/decals

hello , hope im not rehashing, but how do u remove stickers an decals safely from cars...i got hash marks of chrome type tape and wanted to get them off safely,thx
    John 3:16

I have used goo gone.... works well and seems to be very easy on the paint. Then rewax when you are done.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Are you talking about bumper stickers or the Auto Dealer "advertising" stickers. I saw a post on another forum that talked about using a hair dryer to heat the dealer decal, then peeling off by sliding a plastic fork under the decal, obviously being careful not to scratch. Then peeling the remaining adhesive off by rubbing with finger. Then removing adhesive residue with "goo gone" type stuff.

The following was on another forum on how to debadge the car

Taking the letters off was pretty easy. Here's what I did:

1. Heat a letter with a hair dryer for approx 30 seconds (or longer if you really want to make sure)
      2. Use dental floss and gently "floss" the letter off
      3. Peel off excess glue with finger (careful, it's probably still hot from the hair dryer)
      4. Repeat for next letter.

Here's a link to the 2nd forum mentioned...

A forum community dedicated to Infiniti G35 and G37 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more for all Infiniti sports cars!

Comment

I second the goo gone, it's actually fairly safe to use. It works well on a large variety of goopy stuff, including say tape residue from a piece of paper placed on the inside window of a car on top of the window tinting. Takes it right off with no need to re-tint the window.

If that doesn't happen to work a more aggressive product is goof off, but I can't make any claims as to how safe this would be. It's very strong, but test in a inconspicuous area first.
        Later,
        Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
        Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');