• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simoniz system 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simoniz system 5

Purchased new corvette, and found out the dealer had applied that simoniz system 5 with ****** to the car. What should I do? Can I apply a wax? Your help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: simoniz system 5

It's just a "type" or wax or paint sealant. It will wear off nothing is permanent, not even you or I.

You can take it back to the dealer and have them re-apply it when you start to see the appearance quality of the paint start to degrade or you can take ownership of the maintenance process and buy some wax and apply it yourself.

There is no such thing as a Miracle Wax and no such thing as a No-Wax finish, so if the car is a daily driver, exposed to the outdoors as in parked outside at some point and/or driven outside then it's going to get dirty and need to be washed and washing will micro-abrade this coating off over time and thus something will need to be applied again, either this product that's already been applied or something else.

What direction do you want to go with your car?

Have them or someone else maintain it?
    Take ownership of your car's maintenance and apply something yourself?

How is the car going to be washed over time?

You hand wash it?
    Take it to a car wash?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The car's a sunday driver, hand washed and I enjoy detailing myself. I take it if I follow the 5 step method I'll be fine. Thanks again!

Comment

These would all be great choices for follow-up maintenance...

Gold Class Wax
        NXT 2.0
        M26

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'll chip in that there's nothing wrong with the Simoniz System 5 per se; it's a decent product, nice and slick, looks good, lasts a while. Not saying it's Meguiar's, but there's nothing wrong with it.

And, now you can go ahead and do whatever you want to it!
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');