• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU remove wax/sealants from paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do YOU remove wax/sealants from paint?

I like taking it off by Hand with Microfiber, I also apply my wax/sealant by hand...I haven't tried applying it by DA...my try that tomorrow with my second coat of NXT going on the Boxster..hmmm....

Feeling the slickness of the car under your microfiber, it's very rewarding to enjoy the fruits of your labors after hours of machine use!

Comment

I agree fruit's are always' good lol microfiber the only way for me you get a better feel and cleaner wipe down in the end
      Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MF by hand. I've been very disappointed at my skills at removing with my G110 + 7006 pad and terry bonnet. I don't seem to get everything off and I just feel like my "by hand" results are better and more efficient.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I use a Supreme Shine Microfiber for removing wax. I have found that when using NXT Tech Wax 2.0 or M21 2.0 and apply really thin coats that the removal with the Supreme Shine Microfiber is fantastic.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

MF by hand for me, i apply nice thin layers so, no trouble removing, wouldnt do with DA as it can miss awkward bits and mine has as US plug on my PC7424 (annoying)

Comment

Micro Fiber then final swipe with 100% terry cloth. I love the way the terry cloth slides over the freshly waxed surface

Comment

If applying a liquid to entire car and G110 is close by, I will use it to apply and remove wax.

However, if applying paste I don't bother getting g110 and do all by hand.

It's fun to see it come off with bonnet on DA. It almost makes you feel like you're painting the car, as you watch the finish appear below your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWaxer View Post
                  Micro Fiber then final swipe with 100% terry cloth. I love the way the terry cloth slides over the freshly waxed surface
                  I never use terry cloth towels, yuck.

I use Ultimate wipe to remove my LSP, and Supreme Shines to remove Polishes. I just got a MF Bonnet though, I will have to see how it works.
                  Matt

Comment

I voted MF by hand, I also sneak in a Ultimate wipe when final wiping with M16

I like to wax and remove both by hand!
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

MF by hand. I have found that 21 2.0 and 26 wipe off with with one swipe most of the time. Well, if you put it on thin. I believe I can wipe a vehicle down faster by hand. Plus you always want to use the slow method to be sure you have it wiped off completely.

Comment

I voted by hand with MF, but I probably should have voted for by hand and machine. I have two MF bonnets that fit on my cyclo and if I happen to be using the cyclo I usually just remove the wax with the machine. The bonnets do seem to get full pretty quick, but I've never had to go back over anything. I do really, really like to remove wax with Griot's blue or green MFs, they do a great job.

Comment

If I wax by hand I use a MF by hand as well. It just depends how much wax I put on the car and if I am needing to make several passes to remove the wax.

Comment

I do the reverse of MrWaxer: Terry towel to get the wax off, final wipe with a microfiber.

The terry to me seems to hold onto the wax better while removing it, while the MF feels less aggressive for that final wipe.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');