• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 vs. Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT 2.0 vs. Poorboys Wheel Sealant

NXT 2.0 is ok for wheels. What I have found works the best for me is clean the wheel, use Finish Kare 1000p wax. The next wash the dirt comes right off, I then use M135 after the wheel is clean and top with 1000p every other wash or once a month depending.

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
      Nothing will repel brake dust, but I find that using UQD on my wheels reduces the amount of brake dust buildup. Washing them is also easier. I normally use either #21 or #20 on my wheels for the LSP. Once you put an LSP on your wheels, most wheel cleaners will strip it right off. But IMHO once you use an LSP on painted wheels, they clean up well enough with regular car wash soap, such as NXT or #62.

RamAirV1
      oh my, someone is really car crazy here!
      UQD on wheels?! man! now thats passion. i cant imagine using any product aside from meg's cleaners on my wheels and tyres.

wot i do is just wash them religiously once a week and u usually dont have to worry about the build up.

on that note, if we can, buy cleaning friendly rims - rims that look good and are easy to clean. id hate to clean 10-spoke or 20-spoke rims...
      Regards, Wilco
      There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

I wouldn't recommend waxing wheels.The temp's will cause the brake dust to stick even more.The outer spokes,maybe,but not the insides.There is a special wheel compound out there,which is specifically aimed at what you're looking for.I normally just polish them,and they look fine without any wax.

Comment

I use UQD on my wheels and it is fast and results are great. Maybe 5 sprays per wheel, and 2 minutes of time w/ the MF to each wheel. My wheels would normally need a wash every week w/o any protection, but now with the UQD, they stay beautiful and clean for about 3 weeks before warranting a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
            I wouldn't recommend waxing wheels.The temp's will cause the brake dust to stick even more.The outer spokes,maybe,but not the insides.There is a special wheel compound out there,which is specifically aimed at what you're looking for.I normally just polish them,and they look fine without any wax.
            I was thinking about this, but then I said to myself, do you think the inside of the wheels get hotter than black paint on a hot summer's day when exposed to full sun?

Maybe, but I'm not sure.
            ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');