• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove swirl marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove swirl marks

To date I have done everything by hand, no results. In fact I think I made things worse. I have a car with jet black paint, lots of swirl marks. I purchased a G110 and so far am very pleased. I tested two areas this weekend, trunk lid and hood (worst sections). Both look 100% better but in direct sun light you can still see small swirls and scratches from the environment. Here is what I did (all Meguiars Products):

1. Clayed
    2. Scratch X
    3. Mirror Glaze
    4. NXT Wax
    5. Ultimate Detailer Spray

I used the G110 on 3.5 to 4.5, working each section 2.5 to 3.5 minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions on products or techniques to further eliminate those nasty marks? I have pictures to show what before and afters look like but cannot figure out how to post them.

Tracy

Re: How to remove swirl marks

Try a more aggressive product like our M80 Speed Glaze. ScratchX is kind of on the gentle or non-aggressive side and your car's paint is usually on the hard side.

You need to locate a PBE store to find our Professional Line. There's a how to article in the how to article forum on how to find a PBE store in your home town.

Then read through this,

Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
    (These are all similar tools)
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: How to remove swirl marks

I misspoke, I used Speed Glaze #80 along with everything else described. I will up the speed next time, skip Scratch X, and follow your recommendations.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');