• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pc 7424 Vs 7338

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc 7424 Vs 7338

I been at my local Lowe's today, looking for PC and found 7338 of Porter Cable for $109. They do not stock 7424. Just wondering if there is a big difference between those two machines. So far the only two differences I found were 7338 is a little bigger and 1/2 pound heavier then 7424. I want to hear a word from experienced users if there is any other differences, and which one would be better to get. Thanks.

Re: Pc 7424 Vs 7338

Originally posted by supercharged
    I been at my local Lowe's today, looking for PC and found 7338 of Porter Cable for $109. They do not stock 7424. Just wondering if there is a big difference between those two machines. So far the only two differences I found were 7338 is a little bigger and 1/2 pound heavier then 7424. I want to hear a word from experienced users if there is any other differences, and which one would be better to get. Thanks.
    Do you mean the 7336?

Its the same thing with a different counter weight and a sanding pad. That might add a half pound!?!?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Aye, same thing. I just bought one from Lowe's last week. In fact, some will say that the 7336 may be better because it comes w/ the larger counterweight.

Comment

also has sanding backing plate if you want to use it that way.
        Brandon

Comment

Same machine, different "factory" accessories...it just means that you'll have to buy some of the buffing accessories separately...velcro backing plate etc, but then again, I had to buy a backing plate for my 7424 too
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

yeah, it's 7336. So which one would be better to get?

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged
              yeah, it's 7336. So which one would be better to get?
              I am not to sure that it would really matter!?!?

Try this post:

Read the second post by 2hotford.
              Brandon

Comment

I got a 7336 last week. It's amazing. Get it!
                My Car!

Comment

CoastalTools.com has the 7424 with the proper plates for $119. They also have a case for $19. that fits the tool nicely.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');