• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In praise of #7 Show Car Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In praise of #7 Show Car Glaze

Originally posted by Don View Post
    Either way actually. But if you don't think you can do the whole car at once (it is a lot of work), you can work one or two panels at a time and take two or three days to do the whole car.

#7 doesn't need to sit or 'set up,' it's a work in, work off product.
    Bingo! Thanks Don, that's what I was looking for.
    Have a great day!!
    FIXVET Detailing Services-Springfield, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      M81 Hand Polish, like #7 is a "Pure Polish", this means it's non-abrasive.

It's an modern formula for clear coat paints.

Remember, #7 came out in either the 1920's or 1930's, hard to pinpoint exactly when.

Here's a small collection of M0716 through the decades...

How similar/close is the Deep Crystal Polish to #7? I had Mirror Glaze #7 before, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
        Hey Orca

Like mike stated 80 is fantastic and the go to product,
        But if all you've got is the #9, #81, and #7 then I will give you two options with these three products.

First since your paint looks like you've done a great job, then I would say clay first then use your #9 swirl remover, followed by #7 show car glaze and apply two coats of either tech wax or tech wax 2.0 and you will have great gloss, with a deep rich look and fantastic mirror reflections!

And then on the other hand if doing work by hand and would be working on a clear coat finish with light swirls and scratches (which I know you stated that your car has a single stage finish) then I would say clay ofcourse then followed by the #9 and apply #81 hand polish and then 2 applications of the tech wax or tech wax 2.0.

Just some more combo's like many others, hope i've helped.
        i have clayed the car and swirl x will be bought and applied tomorrow, what do you think of the tech wax ontop of the no7. i used no7 only on my dads renault and was blown awa by the shine. does nt work well with no7 or would 26 or 16 work better? if do all stages an top regularly with no7, say once a month, how often would you redo the whole process??

Comment

It must have been the dirty 30's

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');