• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean microfiber cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean microfiber cloth

I did search.. but maybe not hard enough and I really need to know how to clean my microfiber clothes after my detailing works.

I soak them in hot water for 3 days now.. but they will dirty...

I use microfiber cloth to wipe of the scratchX on a black paint which causes my cloth to be black as well.. will I be able to clean that one?

Please... anyone.. please tell me how to clean them.. I don't want to keep buying them.....

cheers
    andy

Re: How to clean microfiber cloth

Welcome to Meguiar's Online. I know many people on here have different methods that work but here is the one i use. I use 2 separate buckets one for the cleaner rags and one for the dirtier ones with gunk on them. I fill both buckets up with hot water and dish soap and let the rags sit over night. The next day i rinse them out and then throw them in the wash together with some regular laundry soap with the extra rinse option and then dry in the dryer on low heat and NO fabric softener
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Hey mr2andy

Like derrick stated every one has there own and if it works for them, thats all that matters.

After I get done with a detail I will take in and put in the washer using hot water and add 2 cups of distilled white vinegar.

Been doing this way for about 2 years now and it keeps my micro-fiber towels clean, soft and fluffy!

Give it a try it's cheap, simple and easy
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I toss my MF's in the washing machine with a bit of TideHE. I wash with Hot water and warm rinse. I add a few ounces of white vinegar to the rinse cycle to keep the towels soft and absorbent.

That works very well for me but there are some stains that just cant be removed. I typically relegate these stained towels to less critical usage.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

to mol. I also clean them in the washer. For bad stains I pretreat with shout. Then I wash them like the other posters have said.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by mr2andy View Post
            I did search.. but maybe not hard enough and I really need to know how to clean my microfiber clothes after my detailing works.

I soak them in hot water for 3 days now.. but they will dirty...

I use microfiber cloth to wipe of the scratchX on a black paint which causes my cloth to be black as well.. will I be able to clean that one?

Please... anyone.. please tell me how to clean them.. I don't want to keep buying them.....

cheers
            andy

In most cases you'll always get stains in your microfiber polishing cloths, but from the stains won't and don't seem to affect the overall performance of the microfiber polishing cloth, at least none that are easily discernible to the human senses.

We go through a lot of microfibers here at Meguiar's because of our classes and constant testing by R&D and other co-workers. We wash and dry them here in our Training Room using Tide detergent and hot water and then dry them by themselves and no problems pop up.

If you can't get the stains out, and you don't want to used a microfiber polishing cloth with a stain then your other options aren't very cost effective. You could throw them away or use them in the garage as grease rags.

As for searching, here are two great places to start...

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
            So much good, practical and helpful information in these two forums
            Hot Topics
            How To Articles

Found this thread on page 2 in the Hot Topics forum.

Washing Microfiber Polishing Cloths - Laundry

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

i use the garden hose on full stream gets them looking like new. then ring them out and let air dry.
              1984 buick grand national 1987 engine

1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4 winter beater

Comment

I wasn't sure myself of how to clean my MF. I did a search to see what other members were doing to clean their MF. I washed them in hot water with dish detergent and was happy with the results. I am going to try sometime to use vinegar in the rinse cycle to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Last time I tossed in my junk Costco version towels, I used some xtra detergent, woolite and Meg's Pro Super Degreaser. They came out VERY clean.

I wash the Costco towels separate from my Meg's towel's.
                  If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Hot water soapbar and dish detergent seems to work very well for me here... i use it for cleaning my applicator foam pads too but let it dry for one day before wash...

Comment

Wash them in hot water with some detergent and APC. Rinse with vinegar, and then keep running rinse cycles until there is no soap at the top of the water. Dry on hot. Enjoy.

Comment

I just toss them in the washing machine with the rest of the laundry. I haven't had any problems yet. They aren't that expensive to buy, so if they do become torn or get too dirty, I just buy new ones. I have heard of people washing them separately in the washing machine. I don't know if it makes any difference.

Comment

What is it about vinegar in the rinse that is so great? What properties does vinegar have that produce what positive results?
                          Michael
                          Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Vinegar helps remove soap residue. You don't want soap in your towels.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                              Vinegar helps remove soap residue. You don't want soap in your towels.
                              I follow your procedure exactly.

The chemistry behind it is logical. Vinegar is an acid, soaps are slightly alkaline. That should yield water and a salt as the by-product. I'd just make sure you rinse after the vinegar step. (I too rinse until the water is crystal clear)

I am no chemist however!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');