• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Paint Repair/Practicing What I Preach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Paint Repair/Practicing What I Preach

Hey All,

It has been awhile since I have done something like this so go easy. LOL
    I have/had a circular stain or blemish on the trunk of my car. It has been there for a pretty long while now and has bothered me to no end. It almost looks like someone sat a drink down on my car and it left the stain. It kind of looked like when you have an ice cold glass of your favorite beverage on the coffee table and the glass is sweating leaving the mark that your better half will eventually ask you about.

Here is a picture of the area that I am trying to repair.

I will be using scratch X by hand in the first attempt to remove the blemish. So after a good wash using Gold Class Car Wash Soap and Conditioner. I taped off the area around the trunk lid. Here is a tip. It is easier to tape around doors, windows and sunroofs if you open them first. It makes it easier to go around the curved edges. Then I clayed the trunk and rear spoiler using Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

Then after one pass of Scratch X by hand here is what the spot looks like.

I went over the area again with Scratch X by hand and here is that result.

The spot is gone after 2 applications of Scratch X by hand, using a terry cloth applicator pad. I decided to go all the way and get out the G-100, along with some #83 and #80 and finish it off with NXT 2.0.

Let me know what you think.

Here is a sun shot.

And one of a halogen light shining on the same area that I attempted to repair.

And My NXT 2.0 reflection.

Thanks for looking
    Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Re: A Little Paint Repair/Practicing What I Preach

I dont even think i can see it anymore after the first app of ScratchX. Great work and i like the pic showing the sun and sky just a great reflection shot
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Looks great. Just goes to show if you use scratch-x the proper way you get excellent results. Your car looks great. Nice reflection shot. Great work.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

It was gone after the ScratchX. You prolly could have skipped the 83 and just used the 80. Looks very good
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Hey very nice work Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick View Post
            I dont even think i can see it anymore after the first app of ScratchX. Great work and i like the pic showing the sun and sky just a great reflection shot
            You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments. After the first application of Scratch X, I could still see a faint outline that may not show in the picture. The Scratch X did work like it is supposed to. Using the terry cloth applicator and lots of passion behind the pad made short work of the stain. I was having trouble getting pictures in the sun because it was very overcast. It seemed like everytime I wanted to take a picture the clouds would roll over and block the sun.

Andy
              101impala
              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Very nice thread showing just what we teach in all our classes...

Three Steps to a Show Car Shine

1) Evaluate the condition of the finish
                2) Choose the right products
                3) Use good technique

By the book!

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Andy, nice work buddy !...Scratch X is such a great product. Thanks for sharing !!!
                  Bill Poirier
                  West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Hey Andy,

A job well done!!! ! I especially like the pics!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');