• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 with NXT 1.0 Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 with NXT 1.0 Label

I was happy when I finally saw this product on the shelf at Walmart here in St. John's Newfoundland. When I got it home and opened the box it had the version 1.0 label on it. So I returned it to Walmart without no hassle. I contacted customer service at Meguiars and told them about it and the response was that it is actually the 2.0 version with the older label on it. They said they had bottles with the older label in stock and wanted to get them out of inventory. How can i be sure of this cause if you are putting a new product to market, you don't label it with the older versions label. I spent almost $30 bucks on the wax and want to be sure I am not being stiffed!!

Re: NXT 2.0 with NXT 1.0 Label

I have yet to see this but i do know from working with Meguiar's customer care that they are some of the best and have always been helpful in every way and i applaud them for there efforts and remaining trustworthy in a money making world were good quality customer care is hard to find . I know alot of people will back me up on this. So i guess what I'm trying to say is if they told you it is NXT 2.0 then it is NXT 2.0 but if you want you can just go through all the boxes at walmart till you find one with the label NXT 2.0 just to be sure
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Somehow that line just doesn't seem to play well for me. I've used Meguiar's for a long time (46 years) and I can't say as I'd ever seen them put new products in old packaging. I would think that the management at Meguiar's would want to know about and get on top of this quickly as it doesn't appear to match up with the high degree of quality control and customer satisfaction they have a reputation for.

Since there is a significant difference in the original NXT and the 2.0 product, I'd want to be absolutely, positively, sure I had the 2.0 version. Let me ask you, is the color of the bottle cap green or black? If Meguiar's had decided to use up old bottle labeling then I'd expect the bottle cap would still be the new color (black).

Meguiar's has spent a good deal of effort and money on re-branding the new 2.0 product and I'd be highly skeptical that the new product was being put in bottles with old labels and then into a new carton at the factory. My suspicious mind (get out the tinfoil hat) immediately wonders what the story is. Hope to hear from Meguiar's on this.

Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

My bottle top is black!!

Comment

Hi Chris3677,

We have never taken new formula Tech Wax 2.0 and placed it into original Tech Wax bottles & labels. If it doesn't say 2.0 on the bottle, it is definitely the original version.

Not sure what has happened in this case, but returning it was the right thing to do.

I will certainly check into the comments you received from our Customer Care Center.

Mike
          Mike Pennington
          Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
          Meguiar's, Inc.
          800-854-8073
          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I went and bought it again taking your customer service's word on it and have used it on 3 cars. I can't bring back a used bottle to walmart. This is very dissapointing. I paid almost $30 canadian for an old product that was put in new packaging. Wow great customer service there!!!!! Lat time i'll be purchasing Mequiars products. sadly I just spent well over a $150 worth of your products!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris3677 View Post
              I went and bought it again taking your customer service's word on it and have used it on 3 cars. I can't bring back a used bottle to walmart. This is very dissapointing. I paid almost $30 canadian for an old product that was put in new packaging. Wow great customer service there!!!!! Lat time i'll be purchasing Mequiars products. sadly I just spent well over a $150 worth of your products!!!!
              Morning,

Firstly, let's slow down for a second. Which Customer Care did you contact, USA or Canada?

Mike Pennington is looking into it as I type this, so your comments are being taken seriously. Meguiar's will take care of you, I can assure you of that!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I paid almost $30 canadian for an old product that was put in new packaging.
                Lets make sure we understand...

The outside box you bought said 2.0, and the bottle inside was not 2.0???

In order to help you best we need to make sure we understand 100%

Thanks for understanding with us while we work through this.

Mike
                Mike Pennington
                Meguiar's, Inc.
                800-854-8073
                mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Sorry about the tone, just a little dissapointed when you spend 5 hours doing 3 cars and you find out you don't have the product you thought you had. I bought the Product at walmart on Kelsey drive, St. John's Newfoundland. I checked all the boxes on the shelf and they are all the same. I maybe thought someone pulled the switcharoo on me. Hopefully this helps!!!! I found the response quite funny from customer service that you guys put this great new product out for 2008 and used older labels. Thanks for your concern guys and once again sorry about my tone!!!!

Comment

Im still confused. If you look at the front of the bottle, does it say "TECH WAX 2.0"??? Look in the above pictures for reference.

If it does in fact say 2.0 how do you know it doesnt have 2.0 inside of it?

Almost all the places Ive been still sell both NXT version 1 and NXT version 2. Its possible they didnt sell version '2' or were sold out.

I have no clue why meguiars would tell you that they put the new NXT version '2' in a version '1' bottle.

edit: I re-read your first post and I believe what youre saying is it came in a NXT version '2' box but actually has version '1' in the box. If thats the case then I would think walmart was trying to sell what they had left of version '1.' I do not think meguiars would do that.
                    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

It happened and I contacted Meguiars Canada and she told me that they needed to use up some old inventory !!!
                      Hi Chris,

The product you got is in fact the nxt 2.0. When they labeled the product they used the old label to get them out of inventory.

Thank you,
                      Michelle

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I bought a 2.0 box with a 1.0 label on the bottle. Bottle has a black cap. My theory is as follows : here in Quebec law requires labels to have French instructions and descriptions, so most products have both English and French. Perhaps the new bilingual 2.0 labels aren't ready yet ?

Comment

I was happy when I finally saw this product on the shelf at Walmart here in St. John's Newfoundland. When I got it home and opened the box it had the version 1.0 label on it. So I returned it to Walmart without no hassle. I contacted customer service at Meguiars and told them about it and the response was that it is actually the 2.0 version with the older label on it. They said they had bottles with the older label in stock and wanted to get them out of inventory. How can i be sure of this cause if you are putting a new product to market, you don't label it with the older versions label. I spent almost $30 bucks on the wax and want to be sure I am not being stiffed!!
                          Hi Chris,

In digging deeper into this, we discovered there was a label mistake made during Mfg. on Tech Wax part # G12718C, which is distributed in Canada only.

The original Tech Wax labels were used by mistake on 2.0 bottles....However, we can assure you that any Tech Wax in a 2.0 box, definitely contains 2.0 liquid regardless of the label on the bottle. Corrective action has been taken, and we do apologize for the confusion.

We want you to know that using incorrect labels to "run inventory down" is not practiced here at Meguiar's. A was a simple mistake that was made.

We hope you understand.

Mike
                          Mike Pennington
                          Meguiar's, Inc.
                          800-854-8073
                          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

See like i said in the very begging of this thread Meguiar's and its customer service is the best
                            ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
                            Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
                            210-281-8151

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick View Post
                              See like i said in the very begging of this thread Meguiar's and its customer service is the best
                              Ditto!!

Kelly
                              MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');