• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone solve the mystery?! - #A-98 DC Wet-Look Polymer Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone solve the mystery?! - #A-98 DC Wet-Look Polymer Sealant

1. How does A-98 DC Wet-Look Polymer Sealant compare to Megs other one-step polishes?

2. How does it differ?

3. Can it be applied using a RO buffer?

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Alfisti; Aug 31, 2004, 07:45 AM.
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

I don't think we get that product here in the states. That might limit a bit the responses.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Here is a link to it on Meguiars Australia website....curious....

Bob
      2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
      Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

The "Colour Bost" looks suspiciously like the Color X marketed here in the 'States, I don't know about the DC Polymer Sealant, could it be Medallion Premium Paint Protection, or #20 from the Pro line as marketed here?
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

That is curious.

You may be right, Don! The DC wet-look polymer sealant's code is A-98 and, according to Megs website, the MPPP (which we don't get in Australia) is M-98!

Maybe Mike Phillips can clarify it. Is it the same as M-98 or M-20?

Can it be applied using a ROB? And how does it compare?
          If I know its US equivalent I can look it up in the posts and follow what they're talking about.

Thanks for any help, moderators.
          Paul Marmarinos
          "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti
            That is curious.

You may be right, Don! The DC wet-look polymer sealant's code is A-98 and, according to Megs website, the MPPP (which we don't get in Australia) is M-98!

It would make sense...the "A" in the part number could designate Australia
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Originally posted by Don
              It would make sense...the "A" in the part number could designate Australia
              "American" products also have 'A' in their part numbers.. Link that shows a couple of em.

Comment

I just bought a bottle (got a good deal) but I'd still like to know its US equivalent to follow discussions on the product on this forum.

It's been suggested that it might be M-98 or M-20.

The only info I can provide is the fragrance and the wording on the back of the bottle. I hope this provides some clues to someone out there listening (Meguiars?)

The fragrance is a kind of tropical banana smell - yummy!

The back states the following:
                "Intensifies all colors and deepens gloss while removing minor swirls and scratches.
                Deep Crystal Wet-Look is a special non-abrasive formula that blends rich conditioners with superior polymer technology to polish and protect conventional and hi-tech paint finishes in one easy step. It safely removes minor surface imperfections and creates a deep wet-look shine, while shielding against the damaging elements."

It also states that you might need to use "our Paint Cleaner prior to applying Wet-Look."

Phew!

Does that give anyone any clues? Anyone??

Finally, here is a picky of the aforementioned mystery product!
                Last edited by Alfisti; Aug 31, 2004, 07:49 AM.
                Paul Marmarinos

Comment

#20 smells like bananas, I don't know about the other
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"

Comment

I sent an e-mail out asking for some information on this, let me get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      I sent an e-mail out asking for some information on this, let me get back to you tomorrow.
                      Great! Thanks Mike. Look forward to learning more.
                      Paul Marmarinos

Comment

Here's what I found out,

"Wet Look Polymer Sealant" is a cleaner/wax so if you are familiar with Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax A-1216, that would be the closest US product, because they both clean, polish, and protect in one easy step. I have heard many good things about this product from Meguiar's Australia, however, I have not had a chance to try it for myself.

The "Color Boost" is based upon the U.S. ColorX. This means the Color Boost is more aggressive than Wet Look Polymer Sealant on the cleaning side.

Keep in mind, all of Meguiar's products fall into the same strict guidelines for quality whether your in the US or any other part of the world.

While many of our product may appear similar from the outside, you would be surprised at the subtle differences if you had a chance to look at formulas. Unfortunately, there are only a few people that have that privilege.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

What drives having different products/formulations for each country?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by txz28
                            Mike,

What drives having different products/formulations for each country?

Kevin

That's a good question for a chemist and marketing...

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Here's what I found out,

"Wet Look Polymer Sealant" is a cleaner/wax so if you are familiar with Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax A-1216, that would be the closest US product, because they both clean, polish, and protect in one easy step.
                              Thanks for the effort in chasing this up, Mike. I really value it.
                              I am familiar with #12 - I own a jar in paste form! Good product!

Just two more questions relating to this, if I'm not being a pain:
                              1. Since its a polymer sealant wouldn't it be more similar to #20 Polymer Sealant, or doesn't #20 have cleaners in it like #12?

2. Is #12 a straight polymer sealant too, or does it also contain carnauba, etc. ?

Thanks in advance for your trouble, Mike.
                              Last edited by Alfisti; Sep 2, 2004, 07:34 PM.
                              Paul Marmarinos

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');